Are the interiors being restored or has it all been destroyed?
I can't imagine much of it will be restored at this point. I'm not sure what the exact plan is for this site, but I would imagine they still have to partially demolish this and install heritage retention structures so they can excavate inside.

Feb 3, 2024

West side entrance

CmM5Qil.jpg

FE47A416-5814-4590-B2C0-84C53A4DE1F8_1_201_a.jpeg

C1DC04F3-7455-4752-B095-42B09CFA8E76_1_201_a.jpeg

East side entrance

9F941C16-C21D-4F1F-AFCE-63ED4511366F_1_201_a.jpeg

Just out of curiosity, are they planning to bore all these deep tube stations out? Or are they planning to excavate down to the bowls of the Earth from street level and build them up that way?

...I think that tubular design will be spectacular from a pedestrian level when all is said and done. And if I am reading that right.

Is there any plan for the new line to integrate with the opera house entrance (south east corner)?

Also isn't there currently a staircase on University on the south west corner that doesn't appear in the drawing above. Is that being closed off?

Is there any plan for the new line to integrate with the opera house entrance (south east corner)?

Also isn't there currently a staircase on University on the south west corner that doesn't appear in the drawing above. Is that being closed off?
Access to Line 1 will still be possible through the Four Seasons Centre.

Pedestrians will certainly have several minutes to enjoy the spectacle while trekking from the surface to the OL platform.:)
...and in size comparison to the current station that's already there, it looks effing big technically speaking. 🙀

Pedestrians will certainly have several minutes to enjoy the spectacle while trekking from the surface to the OL platform.:)
While I think Metrolinx made a mistake with not including high-speed elevators in the design of the downtown stations, I don't know what else people expected them to build here. The RL stations were also planned to be very deep, so it's not like this is new. It's a corridor where you have to avoid impacting utilities, PATH tunnels, tall building foundations (which naturally are pretty deep themselves), etc. Of course they went down into bedrock. There was zero chance of a cut-and-cover tunnel along Queen St, it would have been an insane mess.

Back