This aerial gives a very different impression of the massive glass monster being proposed in renderings.

"A place for everyone": I do suspect that all that open space below would likely only be populated by ticket-holders ;-).

Therme-aerial.jpg

https://thermecanada.com/

This aerial gives a very different impression of the massive glass monster being proposed in renderings.

"A place for everyone": I do suspect that all that open space below would likely only be populated by ticket-holders ;-).

View attachment 490712
https://thermecanada.com/
God way too many pessimists here. "the beach will only be for people who pay for the waterpark"
BET

though...if youre saying the majority of people who would be at the beach are paying people, then you might have a small point. 15kppd is alot of people, that is if their predictions are right

not the best article, just repeating talking points.
They do say theres a part 2 coming asking hard questions which may include the parking lot

Last edited:
Has anyone else heard the radio ad talking about Ontario Place as if the proposed attractions are already open?
"All new Science Centre!" where??? What is with advertisements using the present tense for things that are 5+ years out?
I've heard them and they're very confusing - did I do a time jump while asleep??

I 'think' the video in this is new ... sorry if I missed it being linked already.
Although a spa or bathe or whatever it is wouldn't be my first choice for the commercial element, maybe they are confident it'll work. That said, I think the overall plan comes off looking ok in this video, assuming they build it as presented.

interesting, I caught this about 2:28 into the video, sneak peak at what the redesigned entrance pavilion and bridge would be like?
what makes me think its toronto its the windmill + what i think is the pods.
wouldnt suprise me that city got their hands on internal renderings
1689123920531.png

"The Other Side".

It's an exceedingly soft-focus piece, giving lots of time to Ford clips, pics of the Therme renders and voiceovers rattling off what the new proposal is to bring and a few bits with Therme officials. Meanwhile, we get a few clips of just Ken Greenberg, a mention that the parking garage will cost taxpayers, and not a heck of a lot else. They didn't interview multiple people or give a decent list of reasons why the new proposal is problematic, show any alternative renderings (like the one Ontario Place For All had produced), go into any depth about the proposed Science Center mess or anything else. It's basically a pro-Ford piece framed as opposition, making those opposed seem like a small inconsequential nonentity.

Has anyone else heard the radio ad talking about Ontario Place as if the proposed attractions are already open?
"All new Science Centre!" where??? What is with advertisements using the present tense for things that are 5+ years out?

I first heard these a few weeks ago, on a podcast, I think.
The "tense" is certainly confusing as the one I heard didn't mention the spa at all and just how you can like catch a concert and then go enjoy the new eateries and new Science Centre and such.
That they're not at all there right now - at this amazing New Ontario Place - was... not clear.

It will be treated with as much importance as the Greenbelt removals feedback, which was overwhelmingly negative - and we all know what the government did there.

Same ol same ol, dating back (at least) to Toronto's anti-amalgamation referendum, which didn't cause the Harris government to even pump the brakes. This is completely meaningless stuff, even moreso than if people expressed the cocncers as part of the Province's consultation process (which, like, they did).

The problem with *Bleep!*holes is that they don't have ears. And conveniently so. /bleh

Back