I'm not sure when he started marketing this project because if its going for siteplan he probably started the application1 year ago atleast. But nonetheless started to sell the property way too early and (not that theres much good features about this property) because nothing was approved expect to see discrepancies in the renderings and actual product.

They bought the property back in November '06 for 4.7$ Mil
--a good price on land, cheap product, sell fast and now wait who knows how long to start construction

Any Palm Condo Buyers here that give us an update on what castle said to them?

Rendering

apparently HCA Architecture was the designer of The Palm Condos ~

the_palm_condos.jpg

source: http://www.hca.ca/residential_08.html

I went by this location today, and they had a new sign up in front of the sales office stating that construction will begin in August. There is also supposed to be a new release of suites available.

You serious? I should go check. What a terrible location for a building. The people who bought there are suckers as the resale value of this property wont grow much, or may even drop. Your units either have a view of the noisy Yonge St, or one of the two ugly office/apartment buildings to each side or the hydro transformer.

You serious? I should go check. What a terrible location for a building. The people who bought there are suckers as the resale value of this property wont grow much, or may even drop. Your units either have a view of the noisy Yonge St, or one of the two ugly office/apartment buildings to each side or the hydro transformer.

Nope, I don't think so. View does not equate to value in the same way as location and amenities do..New buildings anywhere in this area are very very unlikely to drop in value, and are quite likely to increase substantially over time. View is very minor when looking at current value of a property.

I think that this may be the biggest example of 'render crime' yet. I find it fascinating that you can draw up a tower surrounded by forests when it is actually boxed in by two slabs. Amazing.

Nevertheless, I am in the minority here, but I like the design. I think it stands out from the other buildings and -THANK GOD- it isn't a box.

Here's a pic of that new sign I was talking about. Please excuse the less-than-ideal cellphone quality. It reads: "Great news! Construction starting August 2010! New Release of Suites."

Palm1.jpg

Feb 23 Does anyone know what is going up on the south side of the hydro office building as clearing is taking place??
5474520313_9c422f5935_b.jpg

5474522685_9778aefed4_b.jpg

5474521437_f8ba8a6c97_b.jpg

5474524919_ba87bf833a_b.jpg

Feb 23 Does anyone know what is going up on the south side of the hydro office building as clearing is taking place??
They cleared the old sales office for Menkes' Luxe condos. I am not sure if anything more is planned for that site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back