It will be a landscaped median, but there probably won't be trees. Just like they didn't want to have to go through the hell of trying to remove a lane of traffic, the TTC didn't want to go through the hell of trying to remove what will probably be mature trees if/when a streetcar line is ever built through here.

Someone wondered about the entrance/exit to Panorama. Could the entrance possibly be north of the site, off of Dan Lekie (or whatever it is called) which runs under the Gardiner, south from Fort York Blvd? that would make most sense to me. It would connect Panorama to the rest of CityPlace, and avoid an entrance/exit off of Lakeshore. PLUS, there should be a connection from the CityPlace Park to Lakeshore. That could be it.

^ You're probably right since Panorama seems to be at the nw corner of Lakeshore and Dan Leckie. The new street travels from Ft. York Blvd. to Lakeshore (along the western perimeter of the park) so an entrance off Dan Leckie makes perfect sense.

They might want to keep a Lakeshore Blvd. address, regardless of the entrance.

I wonder if some of the land under the Gardiner will be used for driveway, surface parking, or deliveries for this building? In any event, vehicular access will likely be from either Dan Leckie and/or the driveway between it and Loblaws, but I am sure the building will have a Lake Shore address - that's very desirable.

I wonder how it's selling. More slowly than other CityPlace projects because of its situation up beside the Gardiner? Concord doesn't seem to have started site work as quickly here as at their other projects...

^ Not as much advantage in moving quickly on Panorama given its site... compared to all the Cityplace "ducks in a row" (Neo/Mon, Lunas, Parade), all of which are being constructed on a blank canvas as well.

Not to mention the trades (are there any left?).

Where are the planning docs? It should show where the driveway is on those.

Sorry to take so long with these, took them the Tuesday after Labour Day. You can see how close it will be to the highway, and the new road into cityplace.

1497664140_072aa8d7f2_b.jpg

1496902695_4b2a1c5870_b.jpg

If that road only just continued over the railway tracks up to portland street... what a difference it would make for the connectedness of cityplace to the existing urban surroundings.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm glad to see that they're creating a new street reaching down to Lake Shore but CityPlace still seems fairly unconnected to its surroundings.

Another example of how Toronto almost gets it. In any real 'world class' city that road would connect to Portland (?) but here its little more than an overachieving driveway!

As it's been reported a number of times, getting a bridge across the railway lands is no mean feat. Even getting a pedestrian bridge across, as is the plan, is proving to be a big fat struggle.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I was in the sales office today (hate their sales "You must buy now" tactics) and the model indicates as did the sales rep that concord will be landscaping under the expressway. Looks pretty nice, light features and grassy mounds, a bit reminiscent of H2O. Of all the places I went to today, cityplace seemed like the biggest rip off.

As it's been reported a number of times, getting a bridge across the railway lands is no mean feat. Even getting a pedestrian bridge across, as is the plan, is proving to be a big fat struggle.

Do you mean engineering or city planning wise? Its great to hear that there is supposed to be something at the end of this light peruse

The original master plan for the area did show the Portland Street connection but i don't think there is plan to do that in the near future.

Back