Yeah, I generally agree.

As for the balconies, though, I guess I had the somewhat naive idea that sitting outside wouldn't be so noisy. It's almost noiseless when the balcony doors are closed, which is good. But I dunno if I'd want to sit out there and read a paper on a summer Tuesday morning.

It isn't so bad on the balcony if it's not during rush hour. If the gardiner isn't full and the few cars zip by, you probably wouldn't really notice it too much. It's only when traffic jam occurs and cars get stuck. Or else tons of cars drive by. The loudest ones are the trucks that runs into a bump. Sounds of planes landing, trains running going through. It's all part of city living. If you wanted quiet, just close the balcony door. If you want to join in on the action and noise, go outside. Living downtown, you get a choice. Living in the suburbs, you have to drive everywhere. Downtown also feels safer walking at night because people and cars are around rather than a quiet suburban street where you're the only one outside.

Yeah, but I've lived downtown most of my life. It's not as noisy in many areas as the balconies sounded to me. Many areas of downtown can be quite quiet, actually.

Yeah, but I've lived downtown most of my life. It's not as noisy in many areas as the balconies sounded to me. Many areas of downtown can be quite quiet, actually.

I think it really depends. If you live in an area with streetcars or high traffic streets, it will get noisy. It won't be constant but once in while it will get noisy. Same as living near the gardiner. It's really quiet at night when there's hardly any cars. Just the occasional train or loud plane going by. During the day it just sounds like a humming sound of cars driving by. What I mean quiet is no noise at all. You can hear crickets in the yard and sometimes animals passing by. That's suburban life.

from today
20111203016.jpg

20111203017.jpg

20111203060.jpg

20111203059.jpg

The TCHC building is going up INSANELY fast. Faster than the other CityPlace buildings. It's amazing how many new towers have gone up at CityPlace since when I moved in 2.5 years ago. It's really growing beautifully.

The TCHC building is going up INSANELY fast. Faster than the other CityPlace buildings. It's amazing how many new towers have gone up at CityPlace since when I moved in 2.5 years ago. It's really growing beautifully.

Yeah, get ready for Quartz and Spectra that i think are well designed and will have a great impact on the southern portion...
Also on the most western front facing Bathurst street....the Library District condos, parkland, and public library, also the final phase of Cityplace at the Amsterdam Brewery lands that soon will go on sale with new roads and lots of retail, will sure rejuvenate that dull stretch.

I know there is a lot of negativity out there, but then again... anyone in their right mind cant be possibly listening to all that Dirt being thrown around.
There is no doubt in my mind, that in the last 5 years Cityplace has been one of many Torontonians favourite projects.

Last edited:

Back