Concord Adex should have publicized this event, that would have brought more people and press out, and make for a great community event. Everyone wins.
The project is called Parade, there should have been one, though not in the middle of the night.

Concord missed the opportunity to add more information on the banner, such as their website or Parade info as there are still units left. It doesn't have to be much, that's prime advertising space. Many of the other condo towers are putting banners on their buildings that are under construction.

Did anyone record the raising? It would be really cool to see a time lapsed video of it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/06/26/condo-skybridge-installation448.html

^^^

The only major condo development in Toronto that numbers its floors according to Asian supersitions.

This is the 21st century right? Science has triumped over magic I believe.

I think this is common in NYCC condos as well (demographics).

7447037070_3de91f85a9_c.jpg

Are there seriously lit advertising boards in the park? I don't remember seeing those...

CBC said:
A massive steel and glass structure has been hauled up 30 storeys and wedged between two condominium towers at Concord Adex's CityPlace condominium development in downtown Toronto. The so-called SkyBridge — which weighs 450 tonnes is three storeys high, and 40 metres long — was hauled up overnight on Monday and attached to the two Parade condominium buildings located just west of Spadina Avenue and north of Lake Shore Boulevard West. The structure, which was pre-assembled, was lifted in one piece some 33 storeys. It includes two residential suites, a bar and lounge. The job got underway Monday night after sunset and was completed about 12 hours later, at about 11 a.m. on Tuesday. CBC News has captured most of the lift in the time-lapse video at the top of the page.

They got the weight wrong and the number of storeys. The bridge is two floors not three. Nice reporting CBC.

"Hauled up"? "Wedged"? Was this written by someone in grade 8?

There were about 100 people in the park watching the lift and CBC and CTV all came by the site. It was being tweeted by CBC as well. The lift was filmed in time lapse- refernced by UT in their cover piece today. Sarah Keenlyside of Inkblot Media set that up. The films she made for Concord are on Concord's ArtSpace website but this one will take time to get there. It is in the editing suite as I write. As for the timing- wind is a factor. A night lift was deemed better. They were still lifting until 11 this morning so people had lots of time to see it- but the movement was very subtle. As for website on banners- great idea. Next time perhaps.

Which is it? 2 or 3?

There are two floors on the Skybridge, but it's the height of three floors in the towers… so it's not 2 or 3, it's both.

Sorry. It connects at levels 32, 33 and 35. This is straight from the project manager on site.

Ah, was told what I wrote by another Concord exec, but that must have been off then. That would put the bridge at the 28th, 29th, and 30th levels then, numbered to take superstitions into consideration as 32, 33, and 35.

Ah, was told what I wrote by another Concord exec, but that must have been off then. That would put the bridge at the 28th, 29th, and 30th levels then, numbered to take superstitions into consideration as 32, 33, and 35.

Everyone wants to be helpful. Alas some of us also cannot type. Two condos measure about 4000 sf each.

^^^

The only major condo development in Toronto that numbers its floors according to Asian supersitions.

This is the 21st century right? Science has triumped over magic I believe.

What about all the buildings missing a 13th floor? Caving in to Western superstitions?

Some airlines avoid a row 13 (or row 17).

So, clearly science has not trumped over magic. Not just yet, anyway.

Back