902.5 KB · Views: 1,204
  • 20141130_111544~2.jpg
    20141130_111544~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,223
  • 20141130_111601~2.jpg
    20141130_111601~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,241
Last edited:
I don't comment on this board often, but I have driven by this condo several times and I have to say it is one of the most disappointing developments I've seen recently in this City.

It appears slab-like driving north or south on Avenue. It is completely out of proportion with the surrounding 2-3 storey buildings (absolutely dominates the tiny flower shops along Avenue) and changes the character of the neighbourhood for the worse. There is no attempt at setback or context fitting. And finally, the design is drab.

I wouldn't have such a problem if the architect / developers had been even a bit more sensitive to the area and its proportions.

I don't comment on this board often, but I have driven by this condo several times and I have to say it is one of the most disappointing developments I've seen recently in this City.

It appears slab-like driving north or south on Avenue. It is completely out of proportion with the surrounding 2-3 storey buildings (absolutely dominates the tiny flower shops along Avenue) and changes the character of the neighbourhood for the worse. There is no attempt at setback or context fitting. And finally, the design is drab.

I wouldn't have such a problem if the architect / developers had been even a bit more sensitive to the area and its proportions.

Menkes has deep pockets and royal investors that invest into anything they build, there are people that bought entire floors in this building so the idea that the building is out of scale is a none issue for this company.

The neighbourhood could probably use a few more buildings of Pears's height esp along Avenue Road. It's a terrific location that will benefit from greater density. The intersection of Ave and Dav has so much potential for growth.

The neighbourhood could probably use a few more buildings of Pears's height esp along Avenue Road. It's a terrific location that will benefit from greater density. The intersection of Ave and Dav has so much potential for growth.

+1, unfortunately the neighbours for the most part live in the stone ages and are deathly frightened of anything over 4 stories. smh.:confused: there are 2-3 in particular that show up at every community meeting once projects are proposed and give a sob story about how 120 years ago when they were 10 years old they grew up playing in the streets. cry me a river!

Gee I kinda thought this building seems rather light and airy. Especially when compared to the ugly slabs directly to the west which are, I would guess, at least 50 years old AND seem to be even taller than this condo. In addition this is a busy area of the (central) city and seems to be crying out for some density. The main issue I can see would be parking to pick up flowers as I don't live near here and it is a little out of my way for transit ;-)

Back