Apparently there have been workers onsite recently doing some ground prep work... preparing for a sales office?

Confirmed at 29 storeys, and will be called Empire Phoenix condos...

Confirmed at 29 storeys, and will be called Empire Phoenix condos...

Not sure about this.. the site fence was just couple days ago plastered with "something tall coming soon" posters.. 29 storeys would not be called tall I suppose...

Here's Empire's first rendering for Phoenix:

PhoenixHeroNEve.jpg

Here's the website.

Attachments

• PhoenixHeroNEve.jpg
    PhoenixHeroNEve.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 2,387
Not sure about this.. the site fence was just couple days ago plastered with "something tall coming soon" posters.. 29 storeys would not be called tall I suppose...
From what I recall they applied for 49 storeys tower that would be slightly narrower and offset to the corner of the site to not block direct view of the buildings next to it but the people complained it's too tall, it's too dense so they said screw it , we will go with short to keep everyone quiet but take the full width of the site to make up for it..

The 29-storey building is a standard 750 m2 point tower, but yes, the 11-storey building along the west side of the site is a slab (with step backs above the 8th floor on the side closest to Manitoba Avenue. Yes, that will affect views for some people in the existing Mystic Point buildings.

The construction of this puppy is now underway. I saw the excavators at work for the first time from my balcony about a month ago. The weather finally cooperated this weekend for me to take a closer look. Soil remediation and prep for shoring is under way. Trucks busy carrying the contaminated soil to a dump.
IMG_20190209_134701.jpg
IMG_20190209_134849.jpg
IMG_20190209_134915.jpg
IMG_20190209_134928.jpg

A construction worker said that they plan to do shoring in parallel with removing the rest of the contaminated soil from the site. Shoring rig should arrive on site by the end of the month.

Empire has done well with Eau de Soleil but I see G+C and immediate start to worry (despite the renders looking okay-ish in this case).

Back