The Toronto skyline has so many different vantage points. I agree in some angles it doesn't look that big at all while in others it looks monstrous. Depends on the angle and where you're taking the picture. Because the towers are spread across such a large area and elevation, some angles can look a bit sparse or stumpy. But these gaps are filling in quickly.

Yeah I find especially the elevation, but I agree, the gaps are starting to fill in.

If this tops off before The One does, and if The One does not get its height increase, then this will become and remain Canada's tallest building for a while. As it stands, The One is currently approved at 3.4m shorter than this tower.

I suspect this will be quicker to build as this project doesn't use any weird exoskeleton funkiness to construct it.

(Nor will the thread likely suffer from trolls who wish its demise in its construction to the degree The One does. >.< )

I suspect this will be quicker to build as this project doesn't use any weird exoskeleton funkiness to construct it.

(Nor will the thread likely suffer from trolls who wish its demise in its construction to the degree The One does. >.< )
That's so sad. I want them both to succeed and to be built with no delays from this point on. 😃

The Toronto skyline has so many different vantage points. I agree in some angles it doesn't look that big at all while in others it looks monstrous. Depends on the angle and where you're taking the picture. Because the towers are spread across such a large area and elevation, some angles can look a bit sparse or stumpy. But these gaps are filling in quickly.

The MINT towers (do people still call them that?) in the Financial District also look much shorter than they are from a few vantage points, like the south-west or the lake, next to the CN Tower. There tends to be a large separation distance between major towers in the core, which tends to throw off the scale of things. As renders have depicted, Sky Tower should look massive on the skyline from the east/south-east.

That's so sad. I want them both to succeed and to be built with no delays from this point on. 😃
Agreed...

To be fair though, there where a couple nasty trolls that where on the pro-One side as well. Thankfully, Mr. 42 and et al, cleaned them out for the ages. But to get back to this building of three, you'll unlikely see that kinda vitriol and toxicity here too...

...so enjoy the ride. Pinnacle has deep pockets and room to spare. And thus likely will be smooth sailing from here on both by construction and commenting. <3

Last edited:
Agreed...

To be fair though, there where a couple nasty trolls that where on the pro-One side as well. Thankfully, Mr. 42 and et al, cleaned them out for the ages. But to get back to this building of three, you'll unlikely see that kinda vitriol and toxicity here too...

...so enjoy the ride. Pinnacle has deep pockets and room to spare. And thus likely will be smooth sailing from here on both by construction and commenting. <3
Thanks for filling me in on all that, UNA. Good for Mr. 42. And I think Pinnacle is doing a great job. It's exciting to see this supertall go up, and whether The 1 or this tower becomes the tallest in the city, Toronto skyscraper fans win either way!
😃

Thursday Feb 24
It looks like one more floor to go to grade from this angle.
98DC844C-2213-4F92-A8F4-738AE96D0CDD.jpeg

The electrical room must be somewhere around here. Feb 6.
CD55238D-C269-460B-9C69-2CA2DC53B643.jpeg

Feb 19
BCE66CC7-414C-45BA-BFB7-44564152F6FA.jpeg

A4DA37A6-D0AD-4320-A9F5-1DB26EB0992D.jpeg

13A30095-4FDF-416D-9C88-983934E51F31.jpeg

47E890A6-CBE5-4D95-92DD-90F7A6F0B3D0.jpeg

Back