Maybe the new boxy shape would bring some form of quality decency. Still won't hold my breath on that.

1-7 Yonge 2015-06-04 at 9.50.37 PM.png

Attachments

• 1-7 Yonge 2015-06-04 at 9.50.37 PM.png
    1-7 Yonge 2015-06-04 at 9.50.37 PM.png
    938.5 KB · Views: 3,314
Tallest tower appeared higher than FCP when I visited the exhibition (though it's hard to tell as FCP isn't quite even):

attachment.php

What I will say is that the density of the east side is going to be quite a bit higher than the west, with the lands surrounding the CN Tower and Canoe Landing having no corollary on the east. (Of course St. Lawrence is relatively lower scale, but still there are two huge open spaces on the west side and none on the east).

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2881.JPG
    IMG_2881.JPG
    634.8 KB · Views: 2,964
  • IMG_2876.JPG
    IMG_2876.JPG
    443 KB · Views: 2,914
Last edited:
Public Notice

Lower Yonge Precinct Plan
& Pinnacle Proposal for 1 and 7 Yonge St.

NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING #3 - June 23, 2015

Waterfront Toronto and the City of Toronto are developing a precinct plan for the Lower Yonge planning area. We invite you to attend a public meeting to provide feedback on the development of this precinct plan. We have held two public meetings to date, the most recent was held in October 2013. At this public meeting, we will be providing an update on the emerging and refined direction for the precinct, an overview of the built form approach and plans on how to ensure the precinct will evolve into a complete community. Additionally, Pinnacle International will present a revised development proposal for 1 and 7 Yonge Street.

Your participation and ideas are important and will help shape the future of the Lower Yonge Precinct.

Meeting Details

Date: Tuesday June 23, 2015

Time: Drop-in and View Displays 6:00 to 6:30p.m.,
Presentation and Facilitated Discussions 6:30 to 9:00p.m.

Location: Harbourfront Community Centre, 627 Queens Quay West (near Bathurst)

TTC: From Union Station, take the 509 Harbourfront streetcar

Parking: Paid parking available at Harbourfront Community Centre

The Precinct Plan will establish design and development objectives, local street and block patterns, park and open space locations and built form controls. The Plan will also identify other mechanisms needed to ensure revitalization, inclusivity and high quality development in the Lower Yonge Precinct, such as affordable housing, community services and facilities and compatibility with existing uses. This planning exercise is an integral part of other studies in the Lower Yonge area, including Environmental Assessments for various local and regional transportation initiatives.

All right. It's about time we saw some new action with these babies, even though this is only a public consultation and is likely stacked with anti-skyscraper Nervous Nellies.

I wouldn't read too much into the design, this just looks like a revised massing study. Did they seriously not present anything more detailed than this? I was expecting revised plans and renderings.

Any idea if they will keep the cool undulating curves closer to street level? I'm less concerned about the shape of the tower floor plates, but the design at-grade needs to be engaging.

Back