The projects in the Central Waterfront makes me particularly nervous - there isn't much of a plan for that stretch of the extended waterfront to ensure all these new projects tie in together. Pinnacle doesn't really inspire confidence, but I suppose a more definitive judgement can wait until the intentions are made clear.

AoD

Dont judge someones credibility by their avatar man. UrbanShocker is one of the most informative forum members: his avatar is a dude in a pink wig.

I'll have you know that my credibility is entirely fuelled by petrochemical industry wizardry - the radioactive pink dye that's been seeping into my brain for almost sixty years.

Come on, cut Timbo some slack, he's just a golf playing, coconut water drinking King West Bro.

Besides Ben Myers (Urbanation) mentioned a sale a few weeks ago in this thread and BBH was saying only Pinnacle or Cityzen 'would make it work'.

Also on SSP Left Coaster is saying the price is not that astronomical given that it is twice the size of 1 York/90 Harbour St that Menkes got, hence the seemingly higher price tag. According to him, unlikely it'll be a supertall, probably multiple towers (I guess anywhere from 180m to 200-something meters?)

I really appreciate all you contribute to this forum, but seriously? Before you go all politically correct on me lets be fair. It's a short tweet with no source and I said I'm not one to take that information blindly. He might be correct, but what I was trying to illustrate with the picture is that he doesn't strike me as someone who would have the inside track on deals in the hundreds of millions of dollars. I suppose it's somewhat judgmental but I feel that's just reality.

i take your information as the probable truth until it's proven wrong.
That seems backwards to me. For example, if I tell you this exists, are you going to believe it until someone else proves otherwise?
And weren't you one of those who were skeptical in the Signature Tower debate over someone who said "Peter Clews" of "AA" was the architect?

The biggest letdown for me is that Cityzen was the other developer interested in the site. We could have had the very best developer in the city in control of this prime location, rather than the very worst.

The biggest letdown for me is that Cityzen was the other developer interested in the site. We could have had the very best developer in the city in control of this prime location, rather than the very worst.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe they can team up with someone and get the LCBO lands (or is that parcel spoken for already?)

And weren't you one of those who were skeptical in the Signature Tower debate over someone who said "Peter Clews" of "AA" was the architect?

Yup. But that situation was a bit different. I wasn't doubting it was Peter Clewes of aA, I merely asked for more information and if there were any other sources. I didnt question the credibility of the source. I just found the post to be lacking in information so I questioned it.
You only used half of my quote.
"I don't care what you look like, i take your information as the probable truth until it's proven wrong. [Asking for more info is one thing, but saying the guy looks crazy so its probably not true isnt my thought process]"

You should probably read the entire post before resorting to a flying spaghetti monster defense.

Ramako:

As much as I dislike the Pinnacle projects, they can't plausibly be worse than a few others I can think of...

AoD

There are certainly worse projects out there than those by Pinnacle, but even the developers responsible for those projects have a couple of quality "show piece" projects in their portfolios, which lead me to believe that they are capable of building quality towers, on occasion. As I mentioned above, the very best project that Pinnacle can show for itself is Pinnacle on Adelaide, so I think that's realistically the upper limit we can expect from them.

Regardless, Pinnacle Centre is right next door. It's a similar sized lot in a similar location. There's no reason to expect that we won't get a very similar design, complete with a suburban driveway.

Ramako:

Oh trust me, the ones I am think of only got showpieces of disappointment. They are the truly horrifying ones I wouldn't even want to see filler projects from. re: this project - given the paucity of information, I'd rather not make that assumption about their intentions.

re: bubbling drama

Let's cut it out and wait for confirmation of these reports? I know August is a slow month but surely we can do better than bickering about unconfirmed land transactions?

AoD

Last edited:

Scarier still is the fact that Cityzen didn't think it was worth as much as Pinnacle did. Pinnacle will need something big and cheap to cover the cost (and they will have to carry this until sold so don't forget the carry cost which will be huge - they will have to act fast)

I wasn't doubting it was Peter Clewes of aA
"I don't care what you look like, i take your information as the probable truth until it's proven wrong. [Asking for more info is one thing, but saying the guy looks crazy so its probably not true isnt my thought process]"

You should probably read the entire post before resorting to a flying spaghetti monster defense.

Yes I know how to spell his name and the firm he works for, however the original poster in that thread did not and my quotations meant to show that. Thought it lent itself to judging the credibility of the information.

I never mean to quote out of context and the one sentence didn't seem dependent on the other.

Anyways, gotten way too serious for a offhanded comment about the credibility of a random Tweet. This will be all I say to that end.

Here's my Masterpiece!!

7693414184_105ab44aed_c.jpg

Last edited:

Back