Could be an environmental core, that's very possible, but I thought that was done in 2014. I should have looked at the trucks more closely.

I initially thought they were checking something with additional cores related to the foundations. Then I thought that these additional cores may be for specific crane pad locations and or elevator pits.

Environmental sampling likely was done in 2014, but it's quite possible that they are going back for more info now. If they did find anything odd in one spot, then you can only determine the extent of the anomaly by sampling cores at more spots around the original one. So, not saying for sure that they are doing that now, just that they may be.

Possibly because the soil here may have changed from the soil on this site in 2014. Did they do the entire area in the 2014 test?

Oh yeah, and @enrigue8's love for this project is, IMO, comparable to One Bloor. I wonder if he would like to change his profile picture, but some of the content in this thread's posts from him is unqualified from other members' POVs.

If 1 Yonge is finally approved on february 14, i hope that Pinnacle will be able to sell the project to customers next summer.
Not so fast - It can be some more time between the approval date and the marketing start, or in the unlikely chance that the design will morph into one you dislike.

TI

Last edited:
Marketing isn't tied to approval. There's no need to make that connection.

What can be said about Pinnacle is that construction isn't tied to pre-sales. They could be in the ground once they obtain the needed permits.

The project's design has been drastically revised since 2014. Perhaps same new sampling is now required to satisfy Toronto's building department.

Marketing isn't tied to approval. There's no need to make that connection.

What can be said about Pinnacle is that construction isn't tied to pre-sales. They could be in the ground once they obtain the needed permits.

The project's design has been drastically revised since 2014. Perhaps same new sampling is now required to satisfy Toronto's building department.
I don't think you are allowed to market a proposal that has yet to be approved. You may want to make that connection. I understand the last part, but there is no need IMO to say it back to me. Pinnacle is doing testing during this time when it has yet to be approved: no marketing yet. Work could start by the time it is in the market (@enrigue8 hopes that AFAIC) but I am not. I'm sure most of the Urban Toronto community knows this: It has to be approved in order to legally start construction.

TI

I don't think you are allowed to market a proposal that has yet to be approved. You may want to make that connection. I understand the last part, but there is no need IMO to say it back to me. Pinnacle is doing testing during this time when it has yet to be approved: no marketing yet. Work could start by the time it is in the market (@enrigue8 hopes that AFAIC) but I am not. I'm sure most of the Urban Toronto community knows this: It has to be approved in order to legally start construction.

TI
No, MANY projects are marketed LONG before they are approved and, of course, legal construction cannot start before the developer has obtained BOTH Site Plan Approval and a Building Permit.

The last part is my opinion on the recent core sampling. Why would you think you need municipal zoning in order to market and take reservations (a.k.a. signed purchase agreement contracts) on units?

Sorry @Consilium, the other contributors have it right. You can market a project as early as you want. It's up to potential purchasers to decide whether or not they want to park their money at your doorstep. The further you are from getting zoning approval, working drawings, budget, the financials in place (typically tied to a pre-sales percentage, but usually not an issue for normally self-funded Pinnacle), site plan approval, and building permits, the more you present for potential purchasers as a stumbling block.

Getting the zoning approval is normally enough in Toronto to guarantee that the rest will follow in time, but not everything is guaranteed zoning approval as requested. Refunds sometimes go out to purchasers at projects that were marketed ahead of approval. Otherwise, the developer has to scramble to rework the building to get approval. Grid Condos by CentreCourt is a recent example of a developer that was able to rework the building, get the approvals, and keep the vast majority of its purchasers on board.

Yeah, we're still all landfill on this site, right? I imagine they're going to encounter all sorts of nasty stuff down there and, surely, are accounting for that.
yes.. all along the QQW... and lake shore it's all land filled..

I think, considering the location and the planned 8-9 levels below ground, it is a matter of how deep into the bedrock will they have to blast.
:)

Bedrock tends to be soft shale that can be easily ripped apart with an excavator. It's not that deep around the core. Most projects go deeper for the parking.

Hi everyone and happy new year,even if i am late !
:)
I ve been to 1 yonge website and they said that the sales of the project will start this year.
It seems to me that they begin to be serious with the sales.
The link is there.
http://oneyongecondo.ca/

Last edited:

Back