6FF75FD1-7FFC-45E7-BDC6-C26CAD1FF84B.jpeg

A09217E6-238F-4C70-A0E0-EAE8A281F310.jpeg

5481F734-35AD-446F-9F74-B2F70E5E68D9.jpeg

Thanks for that set, @Od1n! I've been trying to imagine the whole area with Harbour Street extended eastwards, and your photos help add flesh to what's in my head. We don't know how many years ahead this is yet—how far off it will be before the City decides that the Harbour extension at whatever length provides enough left turn places for it to remove the curves at Yonge—but I am looking forward to that day. The photos just put me in mind of that hazy future happening!

It will, but it may be opening a block at a time, discontinuously, over years to come…

Yeah, too bad this city does not have the habit to do infrastructure in advance or even at the same time to compliment these high profile projects
I believe the reason for discontinuity is the privately owned lots. City can build the street only if these lots redevelop and leave sufficient ROW for the street. The City can not just plough through LCBO or Loblaws one fine day.

From your posts in general, it feels to me that you love complaining about the city, legitimate or not.

Yeah, too bad this city does not have the habit to do infrastructure in advance or even at the same time to compliment these high profile projects

If they built the new streets now would they just not get destroyed by the heavy machinery that is going to be there constantly for the next number of years and I am sure they would have to dig portions of it up as they build the buildings too. Better to build a nice, brand new street with trees etc. when they construction is nearing completion for each block

If they built the new streets now would they just not get destroyed by the heavy machinery that is going to be there constantly for the next number of years and I am sure they would have to dig portions of it up as they build the buildings too. Better to build a nice, brand new street with trees etc. when they construction is nearing completion for each block
Yes, the point being that each block has to be redeveloped in the first place for the space to be created that the street will take up, and yes, it's better to get the heavy construction done just beside the street before doing the final work on the street itself, no use dinging it up.

Now that The one is being raised to 338 meters is it possible for Pinnacle to add 30 - 40 meters to beat it?

Losing the title of the tallest building in Canada may lit up a fire under their bottom. But if they have already sold out all the units (which I don't think they have), then it doesn't matter anymore.

Now that The one is being raised to 338 meters is it possible for Pinnacle to add 30 - 40 meters to beat it?
Pinnacle most likely won't be adding any more height. Their design would have to be completely redone, since the building widens in the middle and tapers near the top/bottom.

The reason that The One can easily do this is because the girth of the tower is constant, and the designs are repeating, so the extra floors can be added without changing the overall look.

There is no guarantee that The One will get the extension that they are asking for, it's not a done deal yet… but either way, in regards to SkyTower here, yeah, the height of this building is not going to change for exactly the reason @ericmacm states.

TThere is no guarantee that The One will get the extension that they are asking for, it's not a done deal yet… but either way, in regards to SkyTower here, yeah, the height of this building is not going to change for exactly the reason @ericmacm states.

They should give these towers the height that they deserve judge by certain merits such as.
Will it compliment with other buildings beside it.
Are they offering an insensitives for the height.
A good example in poor complimenting is how the CIBC Tower stands behind the18 Yonge condo driving east on the the Gardiner Expressway. The CIBC tower looks short behind 18 Yonge tower. It need to be at a height of 300m. To proportionally look effective between the two tower's. If you can find a photo of it driving east on the expressway. You can clearly see that the building looks stunt behind 18 Yonge.
Stop creating the aditude of make the buildings at basically the same height, looks and colour. Just because one development starts that trend.

Back