If the towers get built out as shown in the middle rendering, this complex will have a massive impact on the Toronto skyline.

It sure will....look at the impact 5 buildings. (Ice 1-2, Harbour Plaza 1-2, 10 York), have done to Southcore @ 200m-235m
Well 1 Yonge and the LCBO lands next door will have 8 buildings over 215 meters
3 bldgs. - 215m-230m,
4 bldgs. - 260m-300m,
1 bldg. - 307m
Now imagine that

concern for whom?
owners, investors, community? are community housing common in condos?
so are there community housing units in the current pinnacle buildings too?

because I went to meet a realtor yesterday to go over the floor plans, he said its going to be marketed as a high-end luxury condo @ 1200psf. I didn't expect luxury condo to have community housing.

Last edited:
owners, investors, community? are community housing common in condos? I never heard of that before except in the condos out on the west side
so are there community housing units in the current pinnacle buildings too?
maybe you don't mean that, but that's very insulting. I believe I speak on behalf of all UTers when I suggest retracting your comments.

Why do you think there should be concerns?

I don't know whether it's common, exactly, but it's not unheard of. I know at least one other building nearby that has a similar mix of market and affordable housing (Aquavista, IIRC). And no, it's not the least bit concerning. I think it would be fantastic if every building had an affordable housing component.

Half the time there are "Poor doors" where the units are accessed off of their own lobby. They only share physical walls. Though I will admit, I'm not certain that is the case here.

Edit: checked the plans, yup. The affordable units are in the base levels of the building and are accessed off their own lobby, and don't have access to the same amenities.

Last edited:
sure done but how about my questions

No need to retract your question, this isn't a Marxist thread or University campus.
Let's not be hypocrites, when people spend hundreds of thousands of borrowed dollars they try to weigh everything. There may be slightly higher risks to property when community housing is included. Or that perception itself could impact sales.

Also, Pinnacle, the taxpayer or condo buyers are subsidizing these community units. By not inserting them into expensive locations, the city would probably get 25% more community housing units a few blocks away.

Last edited:
No need to retract your question, this isn't a Marxist thread or University campus.
Let's not be hypocrites, when people spend hundreds of thousands of borrowed dollars they try to weigh everything. There may be slightly higher risks to property when community housing is included. Or that perception itself could impact sales.

Also, Pinnacle, the taxpayer or condo buyers are subsidizing these community units. By not inserting them into expensive locations, the city would probably get 25% more community housing units a few blocks away.

Thank you! Some common sense instead self righteous non-sense.

maybe you don't mean that, but that's very insulting. I believe I speak on behalf of all UTers when I suggest retracting your comments.

Hardly speaking for all UTers. I agree with dracolnyte, it's a valid question and he posed it in a civilized manner. What's with all this "political correctness"?

For example, I was looking to buy a unit at "home: Power and Adelaide" last year until I went in for the signing and found out that there will be subsidized units in the building, at which point I was no longer interested. I'm sure the builder won't lose any sleep over my decision, there were most likely 20 other people in line waiting to snatch up whatever is left, which is fine. I don't think I'm above anyone, nor would I ever disrespect anyone, especially based on their income level; it's simply a personal choice and as long as I don't attack anyone for it, that choice should be respected and not be forced to "retract my comment".

So yes, I would be concerned as well if the building is marketed as an upscale, luxury project, only to find out that there will be subsidized housing. We as taxpayers already subsidize these and when hundreds of thousands of dollars are at stake, you have a right to choices and your opinion, even if not everyone agrees with it, that's why it's an opinion and not fact.

Back