The railing for the 7th floor is almost complete on the north side. More installations for the west side now. On July 11, they reached exactly halfway. Now, July 12, is the current progress pictured below.

Bibi L - only use with permission or credit - IMG_8721.jpg

Glass for condo floors has reached the 16th floor.

Bibi L - only use with permission or credit - IMG_8718.jpg

Bibi L - only use with permission or credit - IMG_8722.jpg

All forms were raised to the 32nd floor on July 11th. It finally “towed” the line!

Bibi L - only use with permission or credit - IMG_8719.jpg

Bibi L - only use with permission or credit - IMG_8720.jpg

I suppose this belongs in the Phase 4 thread, but the leaked discussions of possible new plans for 95 and 90 storeys towers on the One Yonge Phase 4 site (south of SkyTower) inspired me to pop a couple of placeholders into my future render viewed from Humber Bay.

I went with warmer tones (enough white and blue down there ;-) and decided the 95 storey tower should be an exoskeleton design... sort of HPA's Artists' Alley on steroids. ;)

My Phase 4 towers are on the far right:

One-Yonge-Phase 4-CROPPED.jpg

Link to entire pano from Yorkville to the lake:

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/attachments/one-yonge-phase-4-final-jpg.580468/

Edited to add: melodrama 😇
One-Yonge-Phase 4-CROPPED - desat.jpg

Last edited:
What's the tower that looks like a waffle right of Pinnacle One lot?
Isn’t that the placeholder?

inspired me to pop a couple of placeholders into my future render viewed from Humber Bay.

I went with warmer tones (enough white and blue down there ;-) and decided the 95 storey tower should be an exoskeleton design... sort of HPA's Artists' Alley on steroids. ;)

My Phase 4 is on the far right:

Drawing update of SkyTower. July 15, 2024.
Last (first) update was one month ago, on June 16. (2024)
Last update we were at 29 floors, now we are at 32. In 4 weeks, we gained 3 floors. For some reason, one floor in particular took longer than the others.
Glass cladding has reached and finished the transfer slab. Glass cladding has also reached the condo floors, with some reaching all the way up to the 16th floor. Anything below the transfer slab (12th floor and under) are hotel floors. Any floors above the transfer slab (13th floor and over) are condo floors.
The tower is now over 100 metres tall. It is similar in height with most buildings nearby.
First drawing is below, just showing how the tower looks like in its current construction progress.

Bibi L - Pinnacle SkyTower Update July 15, 2024 - don’t use without permission or credit.PNG

This drawing shows its current height, and the height it will reach when it is finished.

Bibi L - Pinnacle SkyTower Height July 15, 2024 - don’t use without permission or credit.PNG

This drawing shows SkyTower, and several other notable nearby buildings to really show how tall it currently is, and how tall it will be when finished. The buildings shown below are 25 The Esplanade (108m), The Westin Harbour Castle South Tower (127m), Toronto Star One Yonge (101m), and The Prestige at Pinnacle One Yonge (216m)
The drawing for Pinnacle SkyTower is from Bibi L (me), the drawings for Toronto Star One Yonge, The Westin Harbour Castle South, and Prestige at Pinnacle One Yonge are from Koops65 on SkyScraper Page. The drawing for 25 The Esplanade is also from Koops65, but I made some adjustments for its width and mechanical rooftop. The drawing for Toronto Star One Yonge is from Anthony Sun on SkyScraper Page. All of these images should be credited to the respective owners when re-used.

Bibi L - Pinnacle SkyTower Others July 15, 2024 - don’t use without permission or credit.jpg

Last night I noticed Pinnacle Centre - the complex literally across the street from Pinnacle One Yonge, had a power outage, and the parking lot (which is overground) had flashing lights.

Much darker than other towers.

Bibi L - don’t re-use without permission or credit - Pinnacle Centre Power Out.jpg

Bibi L - don’t re-use without permission or credit - Pinnacle Centre Power Out Image.jpg

Video/GIF showing the garage flickering.

Bibi L - don’t re-use without permission or credit - Pinnacle Centre Power Out Parking GIF.GIF

Does anyone know why this happened? I know, lots of power outages due to the flooding, but this was last night?

Last night I noticed Pinnacle Centre - the complex literally across the street from Pinnacle One Yonge, had a power outage, and the parking lot (which is overground) had flashing lights.

Much darker than other towers.

View attachment 580913

View attachment 580912

Video/GIF showing the garage flickering.

View attachment 580914

Does anyone know why this happened? I know, lots of power outages due to the flooding, but this was last night?
From what I heard…. Planned outage. Possible related to cooling failure last week.

Back