One of the lamp posts have been broken already eh
They are a continuation to the ones across the road from it I gather...

...though there is a degree that begs the question here: As nice as these are, how easily do they get broken compared to normal street lighting? Thus, I agree they do look pretty flimsy and an enticing targets for happy hour goers with too much drink in them wanting to prove something. Also see: Hooliganism. >.<

Dec 22, 2021

9F625832-EAA2-4AC7-8287-E55AD11D9D33_1_201_a.jpeg

64B0A6C8-0509-416C-AAEC-F8CF31548AF2_1_201_a.jpeg

5A641951-2878-4718-9376-DB3CF2BEBC54_1_201_a.jpeg

B1AAC9AB-F111-43C3-BC86-08D73FB7EBE3_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw the video that it had "niagara falls" problem at some of the high floors. is anyone familiar with what happened? is it poorly constructed or maybe someone forgot to close the tab in their bathtub?

I saw the video that it had "niagara falls" problem at some of the high floors. is anyone familiar with what happened? is it poorly constructed or maybe someone forgot to close the tab in their bathtub?
where is video anyway?

Tower is pretty good (except the south side, unfortunate choices in window wall with nothing to break it up) but the podium is a huge miss, especially at the north end. The installed windows and spandrel are terrible. Why do arches if you aren’t going to install arched glass? It makes no sense. And right at ground level on a perfect scale where it will be seen by many.

Tower is pretty good (except the south side, unfortunate choices in window wall with nothing to break it up) but the podium is a huge miss, especially at the north end. The installed windows and spandrel are terrible. Why do arches if you aren’t going to install arched glass? It makes no sense. And right at ground level on a perfect scale where it will be seen by many.

Nice design value engineered to the death typical of many Toronto developers. The arches are a joke. I might be one of the few on here who thinks this is a dud.

Does anyone know if/when the city will start widening the pedestrian walkway, albeit there have been underground construction work in different parts of John street in the past couple years ?

Does anyone know if/when the city will start widening the pedestrian walkway, albeit there have been underground construction work in different parts of John street in the past couple years ?
John street between King and Front is still being worked on for utilities, I believe it is the last stretch of work though.

Nice design value engineered to the death typical of many Toronto developers. The arches are a joke. I might be one of the few on here who thinks this is a dud.
'Dud' is aggressive, but the podium / ground floor certainly is VE'd to within an inch of its life. Another Turner Fleischer victim, unfortunately.

Back