B789A1B2-2C44-44AB-B11F-D58771B9616D.jpeg

There's much to like here, but I'm feeling the brown in the cladding pieces isn't quite the rendered colour,

I was expecting a bit more Terra Cotta, bit more rust red / orange there.

I remain hopeful it will come together well.

There's much to like here, but I'm feeling the brown in the cladding pieces isn't quite the rendered colour,

I was expecting a bit more Terra Cotta, bit more rust red / orange there.

I remain hopeful it will come together well.

I assume those metal clips are where the fins will attach, perhaps there's a chance those will look more red/orange.

Ongoing progress at Portland Commons - much filling in of the floors in all areas of the building. An overview photo, plus a more detailed photo below showing the first form for the Twelfth Floor being lowered into place.

20230414_152452.jpg

20230414_152701.jpg

Attachments

• 20230414_152452.jpg
    20230414_152452.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230414_152701.jpg
    20230414_152701.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 40
A couple of Portland Commons renderings from the Portland Commons UT database entry looking south-east - followed by a today view of the current state of the building from the same perspective. One of the renderings is much closer to what we will be seeing than the other, although even with that, there appear to be discrepancies.

The treatment of the north-west corner, with the two story tall windows is quite attractive, but I think disappeared early in the design process.

Portland Commons - North West Corner.jpeg

Portland Commons - Looking South On Portland Street.jpg

Current state:

20230419_171046.jpg

This area will be looking impressive in a few years. Such a quiet area with lots of impressive building going on. But my god can someone build an “elevated park” across that road, over those eyesore rail tracks & GO Trains. In service Trains? Not sure.
I think it’s time. Donors? Developers. City Staff. This area should have been developed years ago. But it’s what’s cool about Toronto.
Still An unfinished big city in the core downtown area.
Great possibilities W development, modern design & architecture.

Back