Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Premier Gateway Entertainment Complex: a proposed entertainment complex containing a waterpark, 8-storey hotel, convention centre, spa, restuarants and flying theatre developed by Gilbach on the northeast corner of Steeles Avenue and Eighth Line North in the Premier Gateway Employment Area of Halton Hills.

Concept plan from the Public Meeting of May 2022:
Schedule 2 - Concept Plan-1.jpg

Premier Gateway Entertainment Complex: a proposed entertainment complex containing a waterpark, 8-storey hotel, convention centre, spa, restuarants and flying theatre developed by Gilbach on the northeast corner of Steeles Avenue and Eighth Line North in the Premier Gateway Employment Area of Halton Hills.

Concept plan from the Public Meeting of May 2022:
View attachment 435016
…and a flying theatre is a what?

• cinema for the exclusive showing of… the Airport franchise of films from the 70s?
• …for the Airplane! franchise of spoof films from the 80s?
• Top Gun Maverick!
• a drive-in, but for helicopters, hovercars, or VTOLs
• one of those theme park immersive movie rides (Glories of the Niagara Escarpment During The Fall playing 'til the end of time)
• everyone gets their own flight simulator and attacks the Death Star

help!

It's a room with seats and a big screen and it moves and it makes you feel like you are flying

I'm pretty sure I was in one at the Empire State Building about 15 years ago.

My guess is something similar to the FlyOver Canada experience in Vancouver
…yup, getting one of those beside the Rogers SkyCentre Dome
It's a room with seats and a big screen and it moves and it makes you feel like you are flying

I'm pretty sure I was in one at the Empire State Building about 15 years ago.
…which is what I was describing in the "one of those theme park immersive movie rides" and speculating they'd be playing a film about the Niagara Escarpment, which, if you're in Halton Hills, is the best thing going in the area.

Ultimately, it seems like an odd place for one of these things.

Back