IMG_0030.jpeg

IMG_0028.jpeg

And they usually have some of the latest big releases.

On a side note: Yes the mall is dead but this part of the plan. Rent has been jacked up from what I’ve heard but also the mall will be going through some drastic reconstruction not too far out.

I was surprised though that Club Monaco is still there. And even more surprised that there’s now a Sunrise Records near the cafeteria and what looks like a indoor roller rink in the former H&M store.
The indoor roller rink was there for almost a year, but the temporary lease was expired and I think they couldn't renew. I am looking forward to the renovated interior and new stores. BMO renovated the Promenade location. I can't believe how terrible the signage is on the inside part of the mall. Many new tenants they have are just pop-up shops. See what happens in the next few months. It would be great though if the mall would update the customers on what is going on... to keep them coming back too. They lost many ,major tenants like Aritzia, Pandora, Lululemon, Brown Shoes, Garage, Sport Check, H&M, Old Navy, Ardene, Soft Moc... the list goes on. Whether they will come again when the mall is remerchandised / renovated... who knows.

The indoor roller rink was there for almost a year, but the temporary lease was expired and I think they couldn't renew. I am looking forward to the renovated interior and new stores. BMO renovated the Promenade location. I can't believe how terrible the signage is on the inside part of the mall. Many new tenants they have are just pop-up shops. See what happens in the next few months. It would be great though if the mall would update the customers on what is going on... to keep them coming back too. They lost many ,major tenants like Aritzia, Pandora, Lululemon, Brown Shoes, Garage, Sport Check, H&M, Old Navy, Ardene, Soft Moc... the list goes on. Whether they will come again when the mall is remerchandised / renovated... who knows.
I noticed yesterday that St. Louis will be taking over the former Terre Rouge location.

I noticed yesterday that St. Louis will be taking over the former Terre Rouge location.
WOW! That would be excellent. Pur and Simple is also advertising on their site that there's a Promenade location in the works. Since it only offers breakfast and lunch, my guess is that would be located in the Promenade Park area. Apparently, that is where the food court will be relocated as well.

Yes, and allegedly there will be a new Milestones. I think this is going to be in the condo podium or somewhere in that area but that's the rumour. And Sunrise is a welcome addition, at least for me.

I'll take these as signs for cautious optimism.

In terms of whether the retail outlets will come back, I don't know. It used to be, for example, that Promenade and Hillcrest both had GAP and Sport Chek stores and now only Hillcrest does. . There are some other chains that effectively decamped for Hillcrest over the past few years and given the post-COVID retail scene, I wonder how many want or need a second outlet so close by.

You are right. I never thought about Hillcrest having those additional stores. I've already spent a lot of money in that Sunrise location. Especially when they first opened they had and still have some great records, added to my collection. They also have Cake It which has some really fabulous almond croissants and fresh baked goods. See what happens as the work continues and the new merchants that open. This is going to be exciting for sure!

Update July 24, 2023. It\'s amazing how fast they are working now. Yes. It\'s no longer speculation, but confirmed of the upcoming stores coming to the mall. There\'s also another fenced area, across from the LCBO. Also, the parking lot is marked throughout with utility locations, so they must be preparing a lot of work inside and outside in the coming months. It\'s amaing how it looks like nothing is being done then another week and there\'s suddenly a lot of changes

20230722_164107.jpg

20230722_164540.jpg

20230724_195628.jpg

20230724_195701.jpg

20230724_195721.jpg

20230724_195729(0).jpg

20230724_195838.jpg

20230724_195926.jpg

20230724_200016.jpg

20230724_200025.jpg

20230724_200240.jpg

20230724_201528(0).jpg

Those pair of spandrel'ed kaiju peering menacingly over this mall's skylight is quite unsettling... >.<

I wonder if they’re planning on redoing the exterior. Those reddish-brown bricks don’t really fit in with the new additions.

Back