Branden Simon

Member Bio
Reaction score
This thread will be used for discussion of the Prudhommes Landing Development in Lincoln - Located on 3245, 3293, 3305, 3319, 3325, 3335, and 3339 North Service Road, generally located east of Victoria Avenue North and west of Jordan Harbor. The subject lands are designated for residential, commercial, and employment, natural environment, and parks and open space uses in the Secondary Plan. We have renderings from Town of Lincoln site. It will have 3,676 units (3,085 Condo/Apartment, 495 townhouses, and 96 single detached), 148 Commercial spaces, and 105 office/employment units.

A groundbreaking ceremony was held last year on July 21, 2022 and now under construction

Vk3OqUW.jpg

BqgkCng.jpg

2i9F50P.jpg

COAPU5b.jpg
MU2VoAC.jpg

SefNvNY.jpg

LOk1UWc.jpg

bfSeSt0.jpg

GLBEJW1.jpg

dfP6bnY.jpg

uRVJ2Ti.jpg

qYnKnjv.jpg

More on Prudhommes Development project: https://speakuplincoln.ca/prudhommes-development

Wow! The density of multiple 18 to 25 storeys of highrises and other buildings etc are overkill for this area. Being so close to precious farm land across the highway. The developer should still make a profit by cutting the amount of towers and townhomes in half! This is not the Toronto metro area lol!

Wow! The density of multiple 18 to 25 storeys of highrises and other buildings etc are overkill for this area. Being so close to precious farm land across the highway. The developer should still make a profit by cutting the amount of towers and townhomes in half! This is not the Toronto metro area lol!

I don't know about that. Maybe this land should not be developed at all, but if it is, I'm glad it is dense and don't think 25 stories is outlandish.

What is not entirely clear to me is if this includes the site of the Prudhomme antiques market, which would be sad to lose.

Not much in the way of services nearby... retail, etc. Everyone will be driving.

Not much in the way of services nearby... retail, etc. Everyone will be driving.
I mean it's rural Niagara , not sure what you expect here.

The development does show a decent amount of commercial retail and services within the development so people won't be driving for everything. Lots of retail, recreation, and even employment amenities in walking distance here.

The development includes the antiques market, which will be replaced by the two towers furthest away in that axonometric image above.

I mean it's rural Niagara , not sure what you expect here.

The development does show a decent amount of commercial retail and services within the development so people won't be driving for everything. Lots of retail, recreation, and even employment amenities in walking distance here.

The development includes the antiques market, which will be replaced by the two towers furthest away in that axonometric image above.
I'm not necessarily opposed if this is part of some broader urban area expansion plan. But to have this island of density built here doesn't make a lot of sense on its own when St Catharines proper could absorb a lot of development.

When home prices started to rise in tandem with Toronto...
Perf. over time (line cht) (1).PNG

...Niagara essentially became part of the Greater GTA... Fortunately or unfortunately

Absorbed into the tentacles of Toronto's orbit with K-W and Guelph.

Now where is the all day GO Train service? 😅

This development wouldn't be so bad if they built a viable "village square" type atmosphere called Prudhommes Village or something with a couple of high streets heh

Probably asking too much, though.

This development wouldn't be so bad if they built a viable "village square" type atmosphere called Prudhommes Village or something with a couple of high streets heh

Probably asking too much, though.
The renders seem to suggest there is something like this though?

Edit: For a greenfield development, I think this is generally pretty nice. Kinda surprised actually considering what kinds of site plans other cities will approve without a second thought. Sure it’s somewhat car-centric, but that’s fairly justified here. In fact, there’s more mid/high rises than is typical and they’ve been arranged around a public square. If this is to be an independent community, I think it can work.

Last edited:
The renders seem to suggest there is something like this though?

Edit: For a greenfield development, I think this is generally pretty nice. Kinda surprised actually considering what kinds of site plans other cities will approve without a second thought. Sure it’s somewhat car-centric, but that’s fairly justified here. In fact, there’s more mid/high rises than is typical and they’ve been arranged around a public square. If this is to be an independent community, I think it can work.
With 3,700 units of housing I hope so!

The site plan seems kinda lacking. That's a lot of residents on what was once a waterpark/small amusement park when I was growing up.

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised

Back