It's a parking garage. A good drainage design and a sump pump is sufficient considering how common it is for waterfront membranes to fail before their life expectancy is reached.

There's a garage built for an unbuilt 90s condo highrise on the south side of Queens Quay that habitually flooded. It may have even been shut down.

Hmm?, not sure whats going on here?

200 Queens Quay West is a 1.2-acre (0.5 hectare) property located near York Street and Queens Quay West, in Toronto, Ontario. The property currently is the site of a parking structure operated by a third-party service provider.

CLC wll be launching a marketing program and expects to disclose of this property in 2019-20.

https://en.clc.ca/property/612

The word you are looking for is Sale. From the link:

200 Queens Quay West is a 1.2-acre (0.5 hectare) property located near York Street and Queens Quay West, in Toronto, Ontario. The property currently is the site of a parking structure operated by a third-party service provider.
Canada Lands has retained TD Cornerstone Commercial Realty Inc., as its advisor, to facilitate the marketing and sale of 200 Queens Quay West. More details about the sale can be found in this video or by downloading the offering summary in the menu to the right.

That's great! That parking garage has always been an eyesore. Would they build over the structure or demolish and start over? I thought the condos at Water(views?) uses that garage. I may be mistaken.

The heights outlined by Bousfields are surprisingly.. not aggressive given that it's a sales brochure. Usually they push the limits to try and make the project looks very desirable for sale.

The only plan at present is to sell it. Waterview has it's own parking. Queens Quay Terminal leased spaces here at one time.

The heights outlined by Bousfields are surprisingly.. not aggressive given that it's a sales brochure. Usually they push the limits to try and make the project looks very desirable for sale.

I personally think the potential is greater in developing office space than condos as the prime waterfront facing units will be blocked by waterview.

It's already tight for res floorplate(s). No way you're going to squeeze a decent office plate in there and make the tower separation minimums. Even if you could, 'Harbour-Under-the-Gardiner' is hardly the kind of 'first rate' address that anyone is going to want to own. And you just can't compete with res land values - they can offer way more unfortunately.

I knew it.

Oh great! So it's not owned by the condos surrounding it after all. It's too valuable where it is to remain a rotting parking garage for much longer.

If we're not going to take down the Gardiner, then we must tightly urbanize the spaces around it.

This image makes it pretty clear that the city expects that parking garage to be replaced.

From this picture, it's clear they expect this garage to be demolished. I wonder how long it'll take.

file-2-jpeg.146911

My guess is that the bike lane will be officially a part of the sidewalk total, letting the city get by the rules but in practice, we know that that's going to be a bike lane and cyclists will be ringing at pedestrians who will inevitably walk on it.

The city must know that the parking garage isn't long for this world, otherwise they would have planned around it. The trajectory of the street clearly goes right through part of the garage, as if it didn't exist. My bet is that it soon won't.

The city knew that this garage wouldn't be long for this world, which is why they lined the sidewalk (or lack thereof) this way in the York/Simcoe ramp rebuild. The imagined sidewalk goes right through the garage which was clearly going to disappear soon.

file-2-jpeg.146911

That's not why the sidewalk was built the way it was. It was built that way because the City believes there will be more cyclists than pedestrians along that section, and they are counting on the visual cue that by walking on the asphalt, you should be aware there could be bicycle coming up on you from behind.

In regards to the redevelopment of the site, I was told a few years ago by Urban Design when I enquired about the possibility, that they do not see this as a tower location, that it's too close to the Water Club condos. Whoever buys this from Canada Lands may have a battle on their hands to get it redeveloped.

I want to see it redeveloped, absolutely.

In regards to the redevelopment of the site, I was told a few years ago by Urban Design when I enquired about the possibility, that they do not see this as a tower location, that it's too close to the Water Club condos. Whoever buys this from Canada Lands ma have a battle on their hands to get it redeveloped.

I want to see it redeveloped, absolutely.

Haha so let them buy it and turn it into a park, anyways i think one taller tower in the middle of this lot is about right for this location with more than enough breathing room for the folks at Water Club Park condos

In my opinion what I think is going to go here in the future is another huge office building that will complement the three towers beside it.

Back