Taken 7 December.

IMG_5615.jpeg
IMG_5614.jpeg

You know if this were about 30m shorter I wouldn't mind it that much. The ground level experience doesn't look all too promising either.

I actually really like the massing of this one - it is already making that stretch of queens quay feel more urban…

It’s just a shame it’s going to be a prefab aluminum panel mess. They really should have gone with a simple robust facade here, but that’s a large ask from Kirkor and Empire

I actually really like the massing of this one - it is already making that stretch of queens quay feel more urban…

It’s just a shame it’s going to be a prefab aluminum panel mess. They really should have gone with a simple robust facade here, but that’s a large ask from Kirkor and Empire
sometimes filler buildings are okay. they cant all be winners. and this site feels okay for a filler building

^I'm sorry, but there's no way we should be ok with a pile of crap being erected on prime waterfront real estate. There's no excuse for this kind of trash being built here, it brings nothing to the valuable to the table.

Having stuff like this built is a big reason why half of our waterfront is an embarrassment.

Nothing escapes Amare's radar for sniffing out early signs of potential Kirkor ineptitude!
I'm not sure Kirkor is to be blamed for the quality of ineptitude here though. The gutter trash cladding is on the dev's hands, I believe...

...they are to be blamed for the vessel this trash is being carried on though, since they designed it.

I actually think the cladding looks good - not great, but good. I was worried about it all turning to spandrel. Hopefully they pull off the white/grey/black pattern well.

However as I recall from the planning docs the single light grey panel you see in that picture was supposed to be metallic. I'm really disappointed that appears to have been value engineered off, because that was the one sort of flourish that I liked about this building. It would have created interesting effects with the light.

Last edited:

Back