Toronto Model 07-10-23 Quayside.png

My personal rule is to never get excited prior to the value engineering phase.

These renders might as well be a Sim City fantasy at this stage.
Although, you have to admit that's a pretty phat flatiron there... 🙀

My personal rule is to never get excited prior to the value engineering phase.

These renders might as well be a Sim City fantasy at this stage.
Not that I disagree, but this is premium waterfront land. Even after all the value engineering, this is going to be nicer than a lot of stuff nearby. The question is if it’ll be better than nearly everything, which is effectively what’s being promised.

I think it's really shortsighted not to have a Distillery GO station as part of the future SmartTrack/GO RER system here. So many people who will eventually be underserved by the even more elusive East Bayfront LRT.

Given how prominent these buildings will be on Toronto's eastern skyline, I hope that at least one or two buildings will be quite striking from a far, and not just "another glass box."

I don't want another CityPlace in terms of quality and variation of style, textures and colour.

Have we got confirmation on which space GB is taking; I'm assuming its the space in 1A which is just over 9000m2 for institutional on levels 2 and 3 (96,000ft2)

There's a secondary 3,000m2 space in 1B, which is labelled institutional, co-working and something else. Not sure if any of that is theres.

So many docs!

Is George Brown expanding or are they going to migrate down to the waterfront entirely?

Is George Brown expanding or are they going to migrate down to the waterfront entirely?

Expanding on the Waterfront.

St. James remains their largest campus at ~800,000ft2; equivalent to a large floor plate 40-storey building. Waterfront campus is less than 1/2 that size currently.

Casa Loma Campus is a different question though.

It's definitely shedding some buildings.

I'm not sure if it stays or not; given that GB is also looking at a new Mount Dennis campus.

Expanding on the Waterfront.

St. James remains their largest campus at ~800,000ft2; equivalent to a large floor plate 40-storey building. Waterfront campus is less than 1/2 that size currently.

Casa Loma Campus is a different question though.

Its definitely shedding some buildings.

I'm not sure if it stays or not; given that GB is also looking at a new Mount Dennis campus.
Education seems like a good racket. I feel like years back all the expansion came with politicians announcing financial backing and doing photo ops. Hence why I figured, no big hubbub meant some site closures.

Back