Unfortunately can't give source, but it's a very reliable industry source; and trust that an announcement will be made very soon.

I wonder if Loblaws is getting into a habit of proposing lavish grocery store schemes for abandoned art deco structures and then not following through on those plans.

I wonder if Loblaws is getting into a habit of proposing lavish grocery store schemes for abandoned art deco structures and then not following through on those plans.

So if this project begins to look remotely art deco as it goes up, then we are in trouble.

Walking by the site today, excavation and shoring are happening at a fast pace. They are 1 level down (of 3). A big drill is working some spots along the perimeter and an excavator is doing its thing, with trucks lining up to haul away dirt.

May 15

IMG_may-15-09-0139.jpg

IMG_may-15-09-0145.jpg

IMG_may-15-09-0146.jpg

IMG_may-15-09-0150.jpg

This is about 2.5 levels deep now (out of a total of 3). Sorry, no pics.

In other news, it seems Loblaws and Winners are a done deal for the commercial space forfeited by Home Depot earlier this year.

In other news, it seems Loblaws and Winners are a done deal for the commercial space forfeited by Home Depot earlier this year.

Good news on both accounts !

Good news definitely. I wonder if the Winners there means that the Winners at King & Spadina will be closing down so development at K&S can mean a bigger building and hopefully a flagship LCBO store rather than just a smallish single level store. *crossing fingers*

Wow! Perfect! This area is in dire need of a big grocery store. The crappy PriceChopper on Gladstone and Queen sucks and the Metro in Liberty Village is quite a trek because you have to get around the train tracks.

I'll definitely be shopping at this Loblaws. I already shop at the Winners on King. I'm looking forward to a bigger and better store for them on Queen & Portland.

So glad to see this horrid parking lot die. It's been a thorn in my side for over a decade of engaging in the nightlife of the area.

Worth Checking Out

Visited the presentation centre this weekend and I was very impressed by the standard suite finishes shown throughout the model suite ... the features being offered certain has a 'custom' flair to it ... I would recommend this project to those seriously looking for a new condo ... now I understand why this building sold quite quickly

3 levels of underground parking, P1+P2 to be designated retail parking, P3 is residents parking at the cost of $35k per space

sales person (cute one may I add ;)) said the building was 85% sold ~

Back