Perhaps if we let pedestrians shoot the drivers and cyclists they see running red lights, we'd both reduce pedestrian deaths, and increase the homicide rate, pushing pedestrian deaths lower.

Deal. They're attacking pedestrians with a weapon, so I'd just call it self-defence.

We joke, but there's times I look forward to having a walking stick, with a nice point on the end, that I stick out in front of me at pedestrian crossings ...

So we joke that cyclists don't think the laws apply to them. But some cyclists ACTUALLY think the law doesn't apply to them. They actually believe they can ride the wrong way down a one way street, run stop signs and red lights at will. If stopped they'd hand on heart believe they were in the right???

So we joke that cyclists don't think the laws apply to them. But some cyclists ACTUALLY think the law doesn't apply to them. They actually believe they can ride the wrong way down a one way street, run stop signs and red lights at will. If stopped they'd hand on heart believe they were in the right???
Don't forget riding on the sidewalk if they don't like the road they are supposed to be on.

.. I tend to get forced on the sidewalk everyday between Simcoe and University on Adelaide because the cars are either the hugging the lanes or hugging each other. After that it sorts itself out. And admit I the only other issue I have is that I go the wrong way down James St every morning to avoid the left from queen onto Albert.

So, apparantly, on QQ today a cyclist ran a red light and hit a pedestrian and it sparked a fist fight....remarkably, on twitter, it sparked a whole discussion about how the asphalt on the traffic lanes and streetcar lanes should be different colours...what that has to do with him running a red light and hitting pedestrian I will never know!

Didn't that happen a couple of days ago? I remember MetroMan posting about it. I think it just hit Twitter today though

Yup it is MetroMan's - it hit Twitter on Saturday.

AoD
ok..my bad...someone in my twitter world must have retweeted it today as that is when it hit my timeline....point is, why is a cyclist running a red light and hitting a pedestrian somehow the fault of the pavement colour? I am almost certain that if a driver ran a red light and hit a cyclist or a pedestrian twitter (and I would suggest here) would be full of "stupid driver" comments.....or have I got that wrong.

.. part of the problem is that pedestrians have to cross the bike lane to get the cross walk button. I've had a few close calls trying to hit - and one of these days someone is getting to nailed badly.

It's a shared space. You have to be careful and yield to pedestrians. That said, if someone is wandering cluelessly in the bike lane, I'm going to be hollering and ringing my bell :eek:

There's a bit of a bruhaha brewing in Ward 6. The Humber Bay Park trails are too narrow and there have been a few dog-cyclist collisions resulting in the poor pooch's death, and a few pedestrian-cyclist collisions as well.

There are way too many lycra-clad crazies treating this narrow path as a velodrome.

I cycle down there often. There are absolutely some cyclists who ride too fast, but there are also people with those stupid extenda-leashes (which are great in the park, not so great on a multi-use path) and off leash dogs.

Back