There was a multi vehicle crash on Queen's Quay this evening ... 7 people taken to hospital, looks like someone was driving in the wrong lane https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...lice-suv-tour-bus-crash-queens-quay-1.4785401

I was travelling on a westbound 509 streetcar that was at the stop right next to where the collision occurred.

The tour bus was travelling eastbound along Queens Quay and for some reason veered across the yellow line, clipping a small white truck that was travelling westbound. I didn’t SEE this, but I did hear it and then saw the subsequent collisions.

After clipping the white truck, the tour bus continued veering left across the empty westbound lane and proceeded to smash into the front driver's side of a red car that was parked/standing at the front the lay-by on the north side of Queens Quay. Hitting the red car at this angle jolted the bus back into the westbound lane where it then plowed into the police SUV.

Even after hitting the police SUV, it looked and sounded like the tour bus driver was still on the accelerator so I assumed either an issue with the bus or that the driver had suffered some sort of medical episode. Citynews' article (here) quotes the driver as saying he lost control of the vehicle.

While I’m sure we can mostly all agree that the new Queens Quay design is a mess, I don’t believe—based on what I saw—that the design had anything to do with what happened this afternoon.

I wonder if this is a pre-cursor to putting in the water-level boardwalk.

Don't think so - there were no intentions to put boardwalk on that side of the slip - only along the edge of the lakefront proper. Don't think there are any plans for a wavedeck at Jarvis slip either - only at Parliament and the plans for that had been on hiatus for awhile.

AoD

The fence along the water's edge by Redpath is no longer temporary. What will the Redpath apologists say now?

20180816_121302.jpg
20180816_121231.jpg
20180816_121226.jpg

Attachments

• 20180816_121302.jpg
    20180816_121302.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 457
  • 20180816_121231.jpg
    20180816_121231.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 470
  • 20180816_121226.jpg
    20180816_121226.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 454
Last edited by a moderator:
The fence along the water's edge by Redpath is no longer temporary. What will the Redpath apologists say now?
That fence looks exactly same as the one that has been there for 2 or 3 years, why do you think it's new? It is to stop people getting too close to the sugar boats. (Last month there was a temporary fence east of it, (towards Sugar Beach) to keep us away from the dock wall repairs and strengthening that was going on. I think it has now gone but I am not sure.)

That fence looks exactly same as the one that has been there for 2 or 3 years, why do you think it's new? It is to stop people getting too close to the sugar boats. (Last month there was a temporary fence east of it, (towards Sugar Beach) to keep us away from the dock wall repairs and strengthening that was going on. I think it has now gone but I am not sure.)
The fence looks brand new, but I'll happy to be corrected. There is still another, temporary, fence east of it.

I guess they want to delineate the space for safety reasons when ships dock. I don't see why.. You can't really reach the ship from shore anyway...

The fence looks brand new, but I'll happy to be corrected. There is still another, temporary, fence east of it.

That fence has been there for a while. At least it's a slightly nicer version of a chain link fence (cable link fence?? Not sure what to call it).
Perhaps the fence to the east is the one for the on-going dock wall work in preparation for the "innovation" centre construction?

Back