I live down there on the north side of the road and can confirm from walking on it myself that there is not maple leaf motif on the north side of the road. That said, it still looks great, with the possible exceptions of the areas where it's covered by a condo roof/awning/whatever they're called, where it's getting a bit stained from the lack of regular rain and washing. I'm disappointed that RBC isn't taking the granite to the front doors though. Even most of the condo boards in the area agreed to take it right up to the building.

i42:

Did you notice the Maple Leaf motif being used on the granite sidewalks? The unit paving in the bin is clearly very similar - if not the same as what's being used on the rest of QQ.

PS: Looking back at the photos - I think it is being used, just that it doesn't show very well covered in dust.

AoD

Sorry, that was something else I wasn't looking for specifically, so it didn't register with me!

EDIT: okay, I see it has already been addressed on this page.

Last edited:
IMG_7620.jpg

it appears this morning they had a streetcar run the loop - all the barriers for the loop were moved out of the way when I was going to work this morning.

it appears this morning they had a streetcar run the loop - all the barriers for the loop were moved out of the way when I was going to work this morning.

Which loop? None of the wires are up on the Queens Quay section.

It's an elegant minimalist intervention to address the liability issues. A waist-high railing at each wave--probably two for the wider top wave--would have been far worse.

Last edited:
TTC is wiring the first post outside of the loop section right now. Interestingly they are using a single side pole to carry both wires. I wonder if this is a result of emergency services wanting to use the street car tracks?

TTC is wiring the first post outside of the loop section right now. Interestingly they are using a single side pole to carry both wires. I wonder if this is a result of emergency services wanting to use the street car tracks?
If they are really going for a single pole on QQ it's good news because centre poles make the reserved track virtually unusable for emergency vehicles or replacement buses - think St Clair

UPDATE: 3pm. I just walked along QQ and (apart from around Spadina where there is a 'pole forest') there are ONLY poles on south side of the ROW (adjacent to Martin Goodman and sidewalk.

Last edited:
I don't understand why single side poles aren't the standard for reserved track designs, precisely because of EMS and bus usage.

Back