Today: The City of Hamilton by-law along with Hamilton Police removal of homeless encampments off the LJM Queenston Condos property and now it’s fenced off with no trespassing signs.

I own the commercial property across the street (Starskys) and we met with officials to have the encampment dealt with. There were needles everywhere. I would love to see density on this site as we have plans to possibly do a multi tower project on our site was well. We still have a long lease with Starskys and would like to see the LRT built before we start development, so likely 10 yers out.

I own the commercial property across the street (Starskys) and we met with officials to have the encampment dealt with. There were needles everywhere. I would love to see density on this site as we have plans to possibly do a multi tower project on our site was well. We still have a long lease with Starskys and would like to see the LRT built before we start development, so likely 10 yers out.
Why wait for LRT when there is a housing shortage. Get it done. You will still make money..

Why wait for LRT when there is a housing shortage. Get it done. You will still make money..
We may start the planning process but with 10 years left on the lease with our tenant, our hands are somewhat tied

Fair enough, the way Hamilton works, it will likely take 10 years anyway.
You could not be more correct. We were proposing a 12 unit building on a small site in the lower city and they wanted $70k in fees to get the process started! And people wonder why the cost of housing in this province is in the stratosphere

This city is insane sometimes. Climbing property taxes, decaying infrastructure, underfunded police service. A developer comes along, wants to building high density housing right on the LRT line that will provide much needed tax revenue, and the city denies the application. :confused:

Glad they finally came to some sort of agreement.... but good grief Hamilton. I don't understand the priorities sometimes.

Back