There are so many missing vertical fins and parts of the frames, even on the east wall of the mechanical room there are 3 glass panels that were never installed and the isolation is absorbing rain water already 2 winters. The awning looks like it was made of leftover glass panels as they are all of different width and was never completely finished. One panel just above the main entrance was never installed. The images also shows the circles left on the dust by the vacuum lifters used to instal the panels. Dust that was brought from China and never cleaned.

I keep wondering if it is just me noticing more, or whether there appears to be a phenomenon with builders simply not finishing buildings as quickly as in the past. It started (obviously) with L tower, but I have noticed quite a few other buildings where owners or tenants are fully moved in yet there are still many pieces either not completed, or simply left in poor shape. Is there any incentive for a builder to finish once the building is either registered, or all the tenants have moved in? Thinking of the following: L tower, Theatre Park, RBC Waterplace Park, ICE (podium), U Condos. I'm sure there are some I haven't noticed as well. Any thoughts? It seems like at some point, once the revenue stream pours in or the building closes, the incentive is gone to finish up in any reasonable pace, but I hope this isn't the case. Are final inspections by the city dependent on completing these smaller details?

There seems to be a lot of that lately, was at Edge condos on Triangle Park yesterday (36 Lisgar St.), it's been registered and had occupancy now for nearly 2 years, and they are still working on painting hallways, completing the rooftop BBQ area, and several main floor amenities.... unbelievable..

Building Application Status
clear.gif

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 284988 BLD 02 NB Accepted Date: Jul 11, 2016

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential New Building

Description: Rev 02 - Revision (BLD and HVA) to the Mezzanine Foodcourt exiting stategy to address plans examiners concern with travel distances. Addtion of added corrdior 2-61. Waterpark Phase III -Erect a new 30 storey non-residential building complete with 2 levels of retail at and above grade and office above. Proposed would connect to the Phase 1 and 2 lands being 10-20 Bays Street. Pedestrian connection to connect to ACC and over lakeshore boulevard to follow under separate permit

NB Zoning Review Not Started
Zone 3 Dvernichuk, Garrett

huh? isn't this already built? or we are talking about a different building

clear.gif

TORONTO ON

Description: Rev 02 - Revision (BLD and HVA) to the Mezzanine Foodcourt exiting stategy to address plans examiners concern with travel distances. Addtion of added corrdior 2-61. Waterpark Phase III -Erect a new 30 storey non-residential building complete with 2 levels of retail at and above grade and office above. Proposed would connect to the Phase 1 and 2 lands being 10-20 Bays Street. Pedestrian connection to connect to ACC and over lakeshore boulevard to follow under separate permit

Does anyone understand what they want to do?

clear.gif

TORONTO ON

I believe that application is a response to concerns that the fire escape route for people in the food court is too long. On August 25, the remedy was rejected.

Meanwhile, here's the green roof on the tower:

DSC06077.jpg

Attachments

• DSC06077.jpg
    DSC06077.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 1,417
Last night, sometimes around 1 AM the construction of the building was finally finished. The last glass panel that has never been installed on the awning and two that were cracked and year later removed were finally installed . Well, there are also two glass panels missing on the mechanical room, but the water getting in doesn't cause too much damage and they are not visible, so Oxford Properties is not concerned.

I thought a number of panels of the glass were visibly failing(?) In some previously posted pictures, they had the appearance of peeling "formica boards" with (very) visible discolourations.

I have to admit, given the building's prominence on Queen's Quay, and that a major Canadian bank's logo is on it, I think Oxford should have attempted to create an "icon" of sorts as opposed to erecting "just another" glass-clad office tower. The (apparently) failing random pieces of glass are unfortunate distractions too. It feels like a metaphor portending that things will fall apart at the RBC.

The failing glass has been replaced, and it was RBC who asked for a no nonsense building, looking to project frugality. Oxford does quality when they want to, the EY Tower being a perfect example.

Back