Not very impressed with this one. Great to have all those workers and activity in the area but definitely one of the worst looking commercial buildings in this cycle.

Agreed wholeheartedly, I'm not even sure it'll be too great to have workers here btw ...

I'd much rather East Bayfront, so a little further east, gets those works, as there isn't much around this area nor will there really ever be ... well, sorry I guess 1 Yonge could change that a lot to be fair.

That's quite the indictment. I think there are better angles… but none that are particularly good.

That is the most bland looking structure known to man. I can't believe they actually paid an architect real money to design a glass box.

render I found of the renovations they are making to the existing atrium:

RBCWPP_Atrium-View.jpg

Renovations? It's not even built yet.

Yes it is. If you take a closer look above, you will see that the renovation is for the existing atrium of the existing buildings

When RBC said it wanted a no-frills building, they really meant it (at least from the outside). I wonder how no-frills the inside of this building is? Had they at least gone for a different colored glass for the building (i.e. not grey, blue, bluish-grey or green) but say black or some different color, it could have looked more sleek. I personally would have wanted a black office building in this area to give it some diversity (at least in color if not height or shape). Oh well, this is Blue-onto (or is it Grey-onto?), after all! :p

When RBC said it wanted a no-frills building, they really meant it (at least from the outside). I wonder how no-frills the inside of this building is? Had they at least gone for a different colored glass for the building (i.e. not grey, blue, bluish-grey or green) but say black or some different color, it could have looked more sleek. I personally would have wanted a black office building in this area to give it some diversity (at least in color if not height or shape). Oh well, this is Blue-onto (or is it Grey-onto?), after all! :p

I wouldn't say BA center is too much better then this. I do really like RBC Dexia though, that is much better along with the Telus building.

I'm hoping Oxford place will be the most creative of them all but it'll come down to the materials !

BA centre is thousands of times better than this. Just because its a box doesn't mean its bad architecture, I'm actually a huge fan of BAC, its easily the best office tower to go up since Scotiaplaza.

Back