8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

fungula

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can buy data from them?
Has anyone purchased data from them?
I am not a realtor and need some information on house prices in the GTA.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I highly doubt it - we as realtors have to pay a yearly fee to access the data. What kind of information were you after? Maybe I can help you....

-Amit

you can go the city hall land registry to get info such as property taxes and previous selling prices on any property. It can be a bit inconvenient though.

The Toronto Real Estate Board does not sell data or make it available to non-members. They are rather strict about that. Each time you sign on to the MLS site, the opening page gives you a reminder that data is available for members only. I'm sure you know, however, that agents are willing to give relevant information (within reason) for marketing purposes, to those who are thinking of either buying or selling.

you can go the city hall land registry to get info such as property taxes and previous selling prices on any property. It can be a bit inconvenient though.

To be a bit more precise, you can access assessment information at City Hall, which will give you the assessed value of a property. This in turn would give you the amount of the taxes. This is available for free. The assessed value is an estimate of the actual market value as of January 1, 2008, therefore may have limited value for you now. The next update will be in 2012.

At the Land Registry, which is separate from City Hall and is operated by the province, you could access the sale prices of properties. This is not free. A formal search costs $8.00 minimum, unless you can access the data through a reseller such as Geowarehouse, which also has costs.

Last edited:

Back