I don't think it's weird - it's an RFP - it's legally required.

"Procurement law requires TCHC to ensure equal treatment and fairness for all proponents. This includes ensuring that no proponent gains access to information contained in another proponent's submission, as this could create an unfair advantage during the negotiations stage of the RFP. "

I don't think it's weird - it's an RFP - it's legally required.

"Procurement law requires TCHC to ensure equal treatment and fairness for all proponents. This includes ensuring that no proponent gains access to information contained in another proponent's submission, as this could create an unfair advantage during the negotiations stage of the RFP. "

I guess it makes sense - except not sure I understand what advantage it would create ... more likely, I guess, that proponents would lower themselves to the lowest denominator.

Phases 4 and 5 of the Regent Park Renewal head to the Board of TCHC on Dec 15th.

Staff are seeking approval to

1607550361694.png

1607550383904.png

We won't know who the proponent is until they are approved at the meeting.

But we do know a few things:

1607550461820.png

1607550499535.png

1607550520980.png

Link to the full report, here:

Attachments below:

1607550614231.png

1607550646720.png

1607550682992.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just based on the land breakdown, Block 4-10 look like they're going to be completely sterile no matter who the proponent is. That's just a ridiculous set up.

Just based on the land breakdown, Block 4-10 look like they're going to be completely sterile no matter who the proponent is. That's just a ridiculous set up.
All of the blocks started out looking very simple initially, and those ones will undoubtedly end up with more variation as they are designed.

After the crime that Daniels committed over on the waterfront, i'm very satisfied they wont be involved in the next phases here.

I had a feeling Tridel would grab the second phase. Hopefully they more so follow what they are doing on the waterfront architecturally, and not their spandrel-filled messes they have otherwise been doing.

It's good news for Kirkor, that is for sure.

News Release: TCHC approves Tridel Builders Inc. as developer partner for Phases 4 and 5 of the Regent Park revitalization

December 15, 2020

The Board of Directors of Toronto Community Housing Corporation (TCHC) today approved the selection of Tridel Builders Inc. as TCHC's developer partner for Phases 4 and 5 of the Regent Park revitalization following a competitive request for proposals (RFP) process.

Tridel's plan for Phases 4 and 5 of the revitalization provides outstanding value to the Regent Park community, Toronto Community Housing and the City of Toronto. It commits Tridel to a $26.8-million community economic development program that will benefit the tenants and residents of Regent Park. The program will be shaped over the next year with regular, frequent and direct input from the community on their priorities.

The Daniels Corporation will continue to be TCHC's developer partner for Phase 3 to complete all work arising from its partnership with TCHC. The Daniels Corporation, Tridel and Capital Developments were the three developers competing for the contract under the RFP.

I had a feeling Tridel would grab the second phase. Hopefully they more so follow what they are doing on the waterfront architecturally, and not their spandrel-filled messes they have otherwise been doing.

It's good news for Kirkor, that is for sure.
I feel Alexandra Park is probably is the model they'll follow, which, personally, I prefer over their waterfront buildings.

Back