... and the old school will be demolished (starting soon, I assume) to make way for a new football field and track.

Tridel webmaster, thanks for the impressive helicopter view. This entire project is one of the more impressive recently in the city. I hope we can see other examples of sites with innovative mixed uses.

5220797915_1b71c04e0e_b.jpg

The number of posts is dying out ... the project is basically done.

The final touches on the football field and track were being completed as I went by on Saturday evening. Full completion would appear to be only days away. A huge improvement, but a bit unfortunate that it wasn't completed over the summer, for the start of school in September.

I continue to think that this was a well-conceived project featuring a good combination of "public" and "private" uses, hopefully establishing a precedent.

I passed by last weekend on a bike ride, haven't had the time to upload the new pics - until now

6212290671_d48f79064a_b.jpg

6212803536_01eb9d299c_b.jpg

6212291441_3e3c923282_b.jpg

between not having a running track and a curved end zone, I would think the latter item is less detrimental

Where is the historic facade?

Inside of the school.

Some at the north entrance with rest further inside the school area and court yard.

A lot of landscaping to be done all around and crews were working on the south end Friday.

The field was been used by students while I was there.

Walking on the turf, I found it odd for some reason, considering I have play on artificial turf in the past.

It looks like there will be bleachers on the west side, since there is a large indent area off the track area.

The cafeteria is at grade level on the north end and is small.

You can walk from street to street in front of the school and condo now.

I used to go to Northern Secondary just a couple blocks east of NT and walked past it on my way to and from the subway regularly. Just like any urban high school, there were always noisy crowds, school bells and the occasional cop car. I was wondering how easy can it be to sell condos above a high school? I'm sure they have separate entrances for tenants and students, but isn't there a lot of potential for conflict between the condo owners and the high school students?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back