My guess would be that people currently moving into condos downtown are suburbanites who already have jobs downtown, but are seeking the convenience of living close to their work place.

That's exactly it.

Looks like marketing for this project is well underway.

From monkeyronin at SCC:

rcmi1.jpg

rcmi2.jpg

rcmi3.jpg

rcmi4.jpg

These shots are stills that come from the video on the Tribute website: HERE

Given the close proximity to universities and mega healthcare, these units should be a synch to rent out.

Boomers such as myself - who live in traditional low rise neighbourhoods close to downtown, enjoy the cultural life of the city, and will retire soon - would probably consider downsizing into a condo that's as centrally located as this one.

WHOAH!... I never knew about this project till now :eek:

The building looks really nice considering it's small lot :)

University Ave needs some height and i think this building looks great!

***The renders in the video are some of the best i've seen!

Thats a great video, very nice rendering job. Does anybody know by change an architectural animation program commonly used for videos like this or 1 Bloor's?

Design-wise, it's unfortunately sterile - almost miserable. I really like the presence it will have and the massing, but it's just so gloomy. It took a lecture from Alsop to make me realize this. There are way too many careful and colourless designs these days. We need more fun in our lives!

I think this would be a great spot for a Gansevoort-style building ;)

I guess I did it the other way around. I work in North York but live downtown... At least I'm always going in the opposite direction of rush hour.

Why would anyone consider buying one of the lower north-facing units?

Some possibilities:

-Vampires who hate sunlight.
-Agoraphobics afraid of open spaces.
-Anthropologists studying human behavior in an office environment.
-Or perhaps NASA astronauts rehearsing for months of confined living on a Mars expedition.

I'm sure other forumers can think of more.

:p

Last edited:
Some possibilities:

-Vampires who hate sunlight.
-Agoraphobics afraid of open spaces.
-Anthropologists studying human behavior in an office environment.
-Or perhaps NASA astronauts rehearsing for months of confined living on a Mars expedition.

I'm sure other forumers can think of more.

:p

-Exhausted interns seeking a few hours of shut-eye.
-Performance artists desperate for an audience.

RCMI_Nov-09.jpg

judging by size of the units I guess you can say this building will be one giant frathouse?

Back