They are setting the form work for the 53 floor today and it flat.
IMG_nov-27-09-0136.jpg

IMG_nov-27-09-0120.jpg

IMG_nov-27-09-0135.jpg

Last edited:
The roof element may help slightly but the slope is just way to gentle - it's barely noticeable from any angle ... disappointing.

This whole building is fairly disappointing - It's not bad! It has some nice elements but I was expecting a lot better.

Ah well, hopefully Trump and Shagrila shine

The roof element may help slightly but the slope is just way to gentle - it's barely noticeable from any angle ... disappointing.

This whole building is fairly disappointing - It's not bad! It has some nice elements but I was expecting a lot better.

Ah well, hopefully Trump and Shagrila shine

I agree that the tower is disappointing; not because of the gentle slope but because I was expecting sharp blue glass with a black zipper and instead got dull green glass with a dull grey zipper. Ritz and RBC form one giant amorphous CityPlace-esque blob.

Honestly, the slope turned out so far just as it's supposed to based on renders:

ritz_toronto.jpg

The glass is a disappointment. I was hoping for blue too.

Not much of a slope and the colour is rather dull. More grey in a city that's already overwhelmingly, GREY! Thank god the podium is nice or this building would be just, blah.

IMO I was slightly disappointed on how minimal the slant really was... I would have liked to see a more noticeable slant so that it would take a no brainer to see the visible slant... I think alot of pedestrians (or non skyscraper enthusiasts) hardly even notice the building is slanted!...

The roof slant will be REALLY obvious!

*And i have no idea how bad the Ritz is gonna look from the south (especially the slanted roof).. It already looks bad from the back (IMO) and the roof slant might make things really awkward,,,

GREAT SHOTS!!!

Especially the 2nd one!... It shows Ritz DOMINATION (at least from that angle :D)

At the end of the day I like this building alot!... it's really nice and one of the nicest Ritz Carlton Hotels/Residences i've seen...

WE HAVE SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF!!! :)

Last edited:
I think once the glass, mullions and roof are complete the slant will be more pronounced and combined with the roof element will create a level of interest when viewed from the east or west.

The optical illusion is currently broken by the construction elevator. Once that vertical line is removed, the effect will become more apparent. The widening "zipper" and the slanted roof will combine to make the tilt appear a lot more precipitous than it is.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why anyone expected the glass to be blue when the developers said time and time again that the glass would be CLEAR, TRANSPARENT, TRANSLUCENT, etc.

I'm not sure why anyone expected the glass to be blue when the developers said time and time again that the glass would be CLEAR, TRANSPARENT, TRANSLUCENT, etc.

Then why did it turn out green? Clear should mean colourless glass.

Then why did it turn out green? Clear should mean colourless glass.

THE Ritz Carlton glass changes colour depending on the time of day and weather... Sometimes it is really blue and sometimes it green... Hard to tell what colour it ACTUALLY is...

WHOAH!!!

Ritz looks great!!! So skinny and tall!!!... I guess we can't see the CN Tower behind it anymore... Oh well... NEW KID IN TOWN :D

Great updates :D

Back