I am willing to bet that there is currently more fill looking for a new home than has been expected of late. With all the pits being dug in Toronto at the moment, the construction industry must be exceeding what was expected of it.

The Ministry of the Environment has capped both the area that can be filled at the Leslie Street Spit, and for how many years they can continue to expand it. I would be interested to know close the amount of fill they have been receiving lately is to projections.

A serious hill out there like the one you mention Ed would be pretty interesting. As a lookout high above the rest of the portlands and islands, it would have pretty amazing views.

I think Ed wants better than decent - I say he wants breath-taking, heart-stopping, head-spinning amazement - and why not?

Now look who's off topic! I have a good mind to move these posts to a new thread! Geez - us Mods!

Alright, back to the Ritz now.

Took these yesterday, yes we have the makings of two cranes. One is almost hidden from view on the north side of the site.

538609638_e066c2eda6_o.jpg

538609644_4bdfa6f17a_o.jpg

Oh, and to stray back off topic for one moment. This is the view from the lighthouse at the spit.

538664762_b1ab3c121d_b.jpg

It's great to ride out there and see it. Once. Kind of anti-climatic I found.

Mind you the same angle from a helicopter (thank you Clark Johnson even though the "Sentinel" tanked...) reveals the most extrordinary urban vista in the country. Yes you heard it here folks... the most amazing shot of a city playing itself in feature film history..is... wait for it... Toronto as Toronto.

Eh Darkstar?

Back