Re: w

They must be focusing their attention on the inside of the building as the top hasn't really changed that much in the last few weeks. Maybe its the mechancial that they are working on and thats why they haven't added the glass on.

They put up a temporary crane to take down the construction crane. How do they take down the temporary crane?

I think they go progressively smaller until they can use the elevators. Anybody with actual knowledge here that can confirm or deny this?

Did I see gothic flying buttresses being installed recently at ground level?

photos by cassiusa

RoCP
IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

The base of Phase II
IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

Despite the strange glass at the top, I think this looks great. Very handsome and imposing.

It was interesting watching them move the forms up on the second tower yesterday, while waiting on line for film festival bumpf.

The tower itself looks pretty good, better than some of the other crap thats gone up. The base seems to really clash with the materials they used in the tower, like it was just plunked down on it. Beyond that its one of my new favourites.

Great pics, Billy... especially that 2nd last one. It's a beauty.

These new non-boxes are very exciting to see (ie. this and the Met). I wonder how the Uptown will turn out.

Look at RoCP 1 next to those stubby buildings on the left. Its the perfect contrasting of the new architecture with the typical "old" Toronto style of condo. What an improvement.

I have my quibbles with some of the particular stylistic choices made for RoCP...but damn, is it ever impressive from a number of angles.

Back