There's likely a clause in the building's heritage designation that doesn't allow logos (a very good idea imo).

Although I'd hope the building managers are mature enough to keep logos off the building without rules forcing them to do so (eg. TD centre)

Last edited:
Why unlikely? A lot of companies have their logos on their suburban office buildings?

Because Google usually doesn't put their logo on buildings, even at their HQ there are just some small lawn signs by the driveways.

ah, I see your point grey, from a heritage point of view. I think I'll agree with you on that one.

I would still like to see their presence prominently noted even if it's just at street level. It's a pretty big deal that Google is giving the thumbs up to the downtown core.

Don't most cities have signage laws? i know toronto is one of the few places you find corporate logos on office buildings (even though 111 richmond w is a low rise). I know its not allowed in NYC (except in buildings built before the law was passed like PanAm/MetLife). Maybe these laws apply to certain cities in Cali as well??? Google hq is in san bruno california i think....wonder if its legal to have corporate signs on office buildings there or not....looks like its research time

Because Google usually doesn't put their logo on buildings, even at their HQ there are just some small lawn signs by the driveways.

They have a logo on the Lang Tannery, their K-W office.

48010384.jpg

All that money (100 million on this and RAC) and they didn't replace the windows?

I believe they did, but "in kind" (in general appearance, if not physical fact). Heritage stuff, you know.

Though I sort of regret the reclad of the low-rise portion along the plaza, even if it was a 60s add-on...

Got a pretty good view of this building from Bay and Queen. The perks of working at Google, mini putt and lounge amenities up on the terrace:

8250479273_87c34c48d4_b.jpg

8250480443_28eaaa355e_b.jpg

8250480025_8884767398_b.jpg

8250479619_70b28ce32b_b.jpg

It was a great renovation and restoration down to the windows. The Church of Scientology should take this approach in renovating their building on Yonge Street instead of destroying its unique 1950s Modern facade.

That's on top of one of the pieces of the Sheraton.

Back