It's a sad state of affairs when the Hilton starts looking "colourful" because of all the blue glass around.

They're nearing the top of 130 Adelaide. The newly clad portions, for better or (in my opinion) worse really blends in with the EY tower. Taken Wednesday:

Adel.jpg

Attachments

• Adel.jpg
    Adel.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 1,417
Maybe I’m alone on this but, I feel this is turning out great I love all glass buildings. They brighten up the areas and let the sun in. Adds a touch of beauty and shine. And will help make the core over all look cleaner and New. It’s not a horrible reclade. Look at pour old Simpson tower. What a frankenbeast in its current stage.

Not a fan of re-cladding generally, but in this case I liked the old building and I like the new one...

Reactions: DSC
^^^We also have a lot of glass-clad towers. And this glass is pretty conventional and boring.

The new cladding reduces the whole block to incoherent visual noise for me. Maybe it's just my aging eyes and poor depth perception, but I honestly can't make out the actual shape of the building when I'm standing at York & Adelaide; it's just reflections on reflections. I mean, maybe the architects are big fans of the end of Enter the Dragon, I dunno.

Honestly I’m 18 w perfect vision and I can’t tell a damn thing apart at this corner. Especially in pictures. Kinda unfortunate since they definitely could have gone w a color like black which would have made a world of difference.
The new cladding reduces the whole block to incoherent visual noise for me. Maybe it's just my aging eyes and poor depth perception, but I honestly can't make out the actual shape of the building when I'm standing at York & Adelaide; it's just reflections on reflections. I mean, maybe the architects are big fans of the end of Enter the Dragon, I dunno.

Back