Traffic here will be pretty epic down the line.

From page 72, there's even more density conceptualized west of Weston:

Capture.JPG

The city is doing a Weston - Highway 7 secondary plan right now and this is in response to it, but I agree that it’s far too high density. Density is fine on the other side of the 400 beside the subway station but there isn’t enough transit here to service this.

Redevelopment here should be scaled back to mostly mid rise sites with maybe a handful of smaller towers at Weston and 7.

I have the same opinion of Smart Centres other site on the north side of 7. The west side of the 400 is looking to be just as dense as the east side, and it shouldn’t be anywhere close. *especially* because they are all serviced off of a single freeway interchange, and this side of the 400 is going to end up being quite car reliant.

At the very least, the Viva BRT and whichever route services Weston must run at 5 minute frequencies all day. Plus robust signal priority for Viva and BRT-lite pieces for the Weston corridor.

I aagree with the sentiments above, the density proposed here is far too great and this will pretty much be a car dependant area unless something serious is done with Viva frequencies.

Density should be tapered down on this side of the 400 as it's a fair distance away from the University line.

It's always so exciting to see these massive commercial plaza redevelopments pop up. At this point I don't think there's another country out there aside from China, or maybe one of the Gulf States, that proposes these types of redevelopments at the scale we do here. Transit is absolutely going to be a massive issue here though, and hopefully they have a plan in progress for Viva expansion or something similar.

Okay, everyone's dying to say it, right? This would be a perfect area for a…

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

Last edited:
Not sure what kind of transit would even work to fix/help VMC areas. With only the one subway station and the E/W BRT. Since this is mostly Residential the office locations people are going to work are located far away.
My first thought was a loop LRT that crosses the new bridge here and the more recent one to the north of Hwy 7 and loop through all the areas and next to the subway, but would that really help? Just spit balling ideas to see what other options the masses have with the proposed density. (Would love to hear ideas with what is currently proposed over the reduction of density as that isn't what they seem to be doing.)

If I were to rate various instant-downtowns as the best candidates for a circular style monorailI I'd definitely have MCC at the top. Followed very closely by Vaughan CC, and then Ogdenville to round out the top three..
C'mon People Mover! The SRT isn't getting demolished, simply moved..

1d3c07d85ddac92eab25b22d21901d55.JPG

Actually, I now recall proposing, years ago on this forum (can't remember which thread) , that Canada's Wonderland simply extend one of their rollercoasters down to Vaughan Centre subway station. I still stand by that idea as it would be both fun AND economical.

Love the rendering of the tallest tower in the third photo up above . It looks simular as the One Yonge's first rendering of the two towers that look the same. That are clumped together with the supertall and other tower lol.

Actually, I now recall proposing, years ago on this forum (can't remember which thread) , that Canada's Wonderland simply extend one of their rollercoasters down to Vaughan Centre subway station. I still stand by that idea as it would be both fun AND economical.
Yes, this! Rollercoaster transit please!!!

I'm concerned this is going to be a very car-dependent community. Contrary to the renders, I don't believe we'll see a lot of pedestrian life, especially with cars zooming in and off the highways and the Costco lot.

I'm pretty sure the pedestrian life is just for scale and to show potential activities. Maybe a third as many pedestrians as the renders show would be considered "busier than usual" if this was built.

Back