-plus the $$$$ from edge walk and the resturant.. and from the city as it is a famous landmark after all. it is a tad embarassing to have tourist travel all this way from around the globe to see it in its state now. Can we not write to our government regarding funding for a clean up or cladding on it. Even make it a contest somehow.

22.50 last time I went up.

Adult rates have increased to $32 according to their website. I was planning to go there last weekend, but that price tag was the killer for me. And that only gets you to the first pod. The skypod, restaurant, theatre, skywalk (and everything else) is extra. I'm surprised they don't charge you for going down the elevator at the end of the day. If you were to spend a whole day in that tourist trap without Skywalk, you could easily run a bill of $100 per adult.

I just hope the CN Tower is using all that cash to fix the tower instead of pocketing it.

I would chain myself to the thing is they tried to paint it or apply some kind of finish.

Lucky I don't think it'll ever be in the cards.

You actually like our frankentower?

They really need to refresh the thing. A little touch up could make a huge difference on our skyline. Think of the FCP refresh.

Fix the different blotches of grey on the exterior as well as the other colours on the pods. Perhaps add some more decorative lights on the outside. The current installation is nice, but I feel that it could be more impressive. One thing I imagine being possible is a beam of light coming straight out the top of the tower. Also renovate the interior. It's apparently quite aged inside.

They have to come up with a way of restoring the concrete exterior so that there are no patches visible. There is no other cladding that suits the CN Tower better than concrete.

Still say that a brushed metallic silver would look very nice on the tower with edging similar the whats on L towers curve. not blue
but also silver.

From that angle, in a sense, the whole building resembles a shark. Interesting..

Totally agree! That's all I see now, and I really like the building design. I've convinced friends and family to see the same thing lol :p

From my May 17th post above:

I'm sure lots of you have already mentioned this (I have been a follower of this thread for about 6 months but haven't gone through all 1500 posts sorry lol), but in reading the Front Page story today and by really looking at the renderings of the Ripley's Aquarium, I finally see that the whole structure looks like a shark.

I have seen the renderings many times...but never saw the "shark" until today. Now that's all I see. I finally see that the front windows and main entrance form the mouth of the shark...and it's wide open. Even the stairs leading up to it can be considered part of the mouth. The rest of the structure is the body of the shark, with the different angles and the grey and white exterior panels. Again, sorry if anyone has already mentioned this because I'm not trying to repeat here. But I just noticed it today so I got a lil excited...and feel like a complete idiot that I didn't see it before lol. I have a new appreciation for the building itself...and I can't un-see it now. Very cool indeed.

I think they should revamp the interior, and put a beam of light out the top, and/or maybe a search-light ala Eiffel Tower.

This is the beacon to the centre of the universe after all.

eiffel-tower.jpg

spectra-light-tower-02.jpg

They are installing an electronic sign outside near the main entrance. It is a smaller version of the one on Front St. Sorry no pic.

If the building is a shark, then all those little triangular nubbins above the logo are, I suppose, remoras. (Remorae? Hm.)

Back