rc3-002.jpg

Hi: No photo but the large retail space facing Lawren Harris Square has been taken by an Italian furniture store called Italinteriors. It took awhile but almost all of the retail spaces are now occupied and should liven up the area.

Hi: No photo but the large retail space facing Lawrence Harris Square has been taken by an Italian furniture store called Italinteriors. It took awhile but almost all of the retail spaces are now occupied and should liven up the area.
It’s been there for a while now, but it’s just an office. Doesn’t contribute at all to livening up the area.

That said, there’s a cafe/bar opening in phase 4 soon!

It’s been there for a while now, but it’s just an office. Doesn’t contribute at all to livening up the area.

That said, there’s a cafe/bar opening in phase 4 soon!
Thanks for the clarification! The café should be lovely with outdoor seating overlooking the park. Btw I got a sense of how large the Dominion Foundry site is and how it will impact the West Don Lands. Hope that they get it right.

Shots like the above defies the accepted urban planning wisdom that elevated freeways and on/off ramps destroy areas and create wastelands around and under them. These shots and certainly South Core downtown seem to suggest that if the densification is high enough that buildings and parks will push right up against the arterial roads and absorb them into their neighbourhoods. I think it's kinda rad. Maybe it's a Canadian/American thing. I've certainly seen a lot of examples where it doesn't work, but it seems to be working here. Maybe one day we'll see a condo built between the north and south bound lanes of the DVP where there's that little green patch where the groundhog plays.

dumbest road design in the neighborhood!.. IMO
Wasn't saying anything was dumb here, rather stating it as a more of a fascination over the complexity of it all.

I think it's kinda rad. Maybe it's a Canadian/American thing.
I always thought having roundabouts over motorways (freeways) in the UK/EU was pretty funky though.

Wasn't saying anything was dumb here, rather stating it as a more of a fascination over the complexity of it all.
DKB's got a point though, the one-way thing around "Lawren Harris Square" is frustrating beyond belief, and I also feel nostalgic for when I could drive north from there on Bayview lol...

I love Lauren Harris Square because I always walk through it and it is a very pleasant experience. They created higher order value by going it.

I love Lauren Harris Square because I always walk through it and it is a very pleasant experience. They created higher order value by going it.
I like it too. It's quieter than the nearby Corktown Common and the greenery makes walking through that little stretch more pleasant than a regular city neighbourhood. It's kinda amazing how old skool & private it feels with all the "spagetti" streets actually being so close.

Back