Are there any more details on the park going up next to it?

Nothing material, the design isn't due for completion til spring 2023.

The City's project page can be found here:

Was at Downtown Benz this afternoon. Grabbed a shot of it in passing.
River&Fifth-Oct25-22.png

Is it likely this will actually be done this year?
I think it will be 2024 realistically

It's not impossible for them to finish work this year since we're still in January. But early 2024 is probably a bit more realistic to factor in various construction variables.

Reactions: Abz
Looks like Broccolini and Marlin Spring are sourcing their spandrel cladding from the same source.. Difference is, at least Broccolini is making somewhat of an actual effort here so the whole project doesnt look like adulterated trash.

Marlin Spring should learn from them.

Looks like Broccolini and Marlin Spring are sourcing their spandrel cladding from the same source.. Difference is, at least Broccolini is making somewhat of an actual effort here so the whole project doesnt look like adulterated trash.

Marlin Spring should learn from them.

This is classic @Amare

He's being unusually positive here in saying............'Broccolini's trash is definitely less trashy than Marlin Spring's Trash" ; and "If I had to accept trash, I would really prefer this pile over that one, so trash makers, pay heed, this how to make a better class of trash"

LOL

He's totally lost hope that a higher standard than trash might be expected.

:p

This is classic @Amare

He's being unusually positive here in saying............'Broccolini's trash is definitely less trashy than Marlin Spring's Trash" ; and "If I had to accept trash, I would really prefer this pile over that one, so trash makers, pay heed, this how to make a better class of trash"

LOL

He's totally lost hope that a higher standard than trash might be expected.

:p
Well I mean c'mon now, there's no higher standard when certain developers/architect combinations are involved. It's just a race to the bottom with those select combinations.

@Tim MacDonald if you dont mind me using one of your photos here, look at this pathetic nonsense by Marlin Spring below. I'll certainly take what Broccolini is putting up here 10/10 over what Marlin Spring will ever offer us. Broccolini is painting the underside of the balconies to add some contrast effects, using precast panels in some interesting ways, and arent flooding whole sides of their project with the nasty spandrel. I probably shouldnt call Broccolini's build trash, it's more like respectable grade compost that gets the job done fairly right.

Trash like what we below has no value whatsoever asides from the typical putting bodies in a building and calling it a day.

1672980072723.png

Back