I admit it would be nice to see this one die and be replaced with something more contemporary, or at the very least, good faux intstead of this...

^Sure why not!? Etobicoke has some gorgeous 1950-60s modern churches, schools and homes, so why not condos? I think a classic red brick aA building, sort of a combo between East and Home, would work well here, and sell in a hurry! Huge balconies+red brick+glass+aA=sell out!

Lanterra, if you go with my proposal and it does sell, send me a cheque!

An aA design in Etobicoke?? You really are an urban dreamer!

Well, he's not the only one who's dreamed: NXT Condominiums by Cresford sports an aA design.

...and a quick edit after double checking Google Maps. Seems NXT is within spitting distance of the Humber, but on the east side, so it's actually in Toronto proper. Damn, I guess we haven't broken that aA/Etobicoke barrier just yet.

Last edited:
^Sure why not!? Etobicoke has some gorgeous 1950-60s modern churches, schools and homes, so why not condos? I think a classic red brick aA building, sort of a combo between East and Home, would work well here, and sell in a hurry! Huge balconies+red brick+glass+aA=sell out!

Lanterra, if you go with my proposal and it does sell, send me a cheque!

I'm drawing a blank on these gorgeous modern churches and schools - care to share which ones you mean?

I'm drawing a blank on these gorgeous modern churches and schools - care to share which ones you mean?

I'm partial to Mount Olive Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Martin Luther Evangelical Church, St. Agnes's Church, and St. James' Humber Bay Anglican Church.

In terms of schools, I like John English Public School and John English Middle School, and Michael Power Saint Joseph High School.

Let me know if the links don't work.

They're not all gorgeous, but the churches tend to be small neighbourhood gems with quite attractive wood trimmed interiors and the schools nicely designed.

Actually, the most epochal modern school design in Etobicoke is *this*
Sunnylea_School_Plaque.jpg

After hearing a few months back that sales for this project were rather slow, the site now has hoarding up with excavators about to start digging. While the architecture may be lame, it'll be nice to see this lot disappear - the narrow road will have a nice, quaint feel to it once this is finished.

There's a new story up on the front page about Riverhouse going under construction. You can read it here.

You can see a crane in the vicinity of Old Mill station when pulling into the station on the subway. Is it for this project?

T'would be.

Lots of progress on this project since the last update back in June:

(Yes, that is a canon in the pic below that is aimed right at the building)
IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

The Old Mill Inn right across the street:

IMG_4338.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

Back of the building that overlooks the Humber River...and with some interesting-shaped balconies to boot:

IMG_4340.jpg

From the other side of the Humber River and across the historic Old Mill Bridge:

IMG_4346.jpg

It certainly feels in the country here even though it's just a short walk away from Bloor Street and the TTC. Looking forward to topping off and cladding installed soon.

Back