I recently asked Streetcar what grocery store was going open in the space and they said they had not secured a tenant yet. Not very promising.

I can confirm that the space was being actively advertised for lease quite recently.

But I can also say Whole Foods was interested when the site was first proposed, but that was many, many years ago.

rss-002.jpg

Oct 28
This make the longest between shots. More up on my site and real late to the show.
53299431439_2b39229ddc_b.jpg

53298192462_a5316b15a2_b.jpg

53299431149_6ed726b828_b.jpg

53298192297_b58184a4ae_b.jpg

53299308118_c97ec9cfb0_b.jpg

53299530555_736a9b5573_b.jpg

53299056506_3e48d52605_b.jpg

I can confirm that the space was being actively advertised for lease quite recently.

But I can also say Whole Foods was interested when the site was first proposed, but that was many, many years ago.
Not sure if this has already been addressed in another forum, but do you know what happened to the proposed vacant storefront surtax? Sounded like a good idea to me.

Also, would it be possible to 'encourage' (maybe read 'penalize') developers into doing more to ensure the commercial storefront spaces of new condo projects are rented? I'll defer to the Urban Toronto experts, but renting the commercial storefront space of a new condo project sounds like a financially insignificant rounding error to the developers bottom line.

While I'm not sure it is applicable to this building, a quote from Toronto Star's Edward Keenan's August 26 column:

"Because this is partly a matter of urban design: if you design (or approve) buildings that, instead of having a series of small storefronts in them, have some vast warehouse across their entire podium, you are ensuring only a certain kind of tenant will find it suitable. I have been to newly built condo neighburhoods in places like Nashville and the Washington, D.C. area that have built thriving main streets full of small retailers and restauranteurs, at least in part, from what I can see, by building the type of streetscape they thrive on."

I just saw it from the bus, so no photos, but there’s some major Silva cell installation going on today if you’ve ever wanted to see the underground portion.

Now that you can see inside, the units, it seems too small for a Whole Foods or similar store. I suspect there will be yet another Shoppers Drug Mart.

Back