Yup. Looks like 13,741 Square metres of above ground dealership show rooms and 24,187 square metres of underground repair shops and inventory storage.

Here is a picture of the autoplex building from the first page of the architectural drawings submitted to the city, posted on the projects City Planning development application portal.

View attachment 69854

Interesting. I've always wondered why it is car dealerships see it necessary to be located so close to, or in downtown. Seems like most people would have no problem getting to a dealership in the suburbs, and land would be significantly cheaper out there. It's not like there's a lot of walk-in customers.

"I've always wondered why it is car dealerships see it necessary to be located so close to, or in downtown. Seems like most people would have no problem getting to a dealership in the suburbs, and land would be significantly cheaper out there."
slicecom

Drive in, during the morning; drive out, at night; inspection/repair during the day; TTC/shuttle-bus/taxi, to and from.

Regards,
J T

I was just in Paris ...one of the 'the' most pedestrian friendly cities on the planet. Along the Champs-Élysées there are fantastic auto dealerships in medium height buildings. Some of them even have restaurants in them.

Good god i've managed to avoid Sue ann levy articles for a couple years.. she is as bad as I remembered. Pointless rabble on a subject she sorely misunderstands and completely misrepresents.

I don't get it. It's like she doesn't understand the concept of variances, or she wants to appear to 'support' a neighbourhood she has nothing to do with, just to attack Fletcher. Is she saying large amounts of new housing (both rental and condo) are bad? She doesn't like cars and car dealerships now?

10436258_10152522565884390_3871950238913764247_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10436258_10152522565884390_3871950238913764247_n.jpg
    10436258_10152522565884390_3871950238913764247_n.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,312
Its likely another failed attempt of her "investigative" journalism trying to create a "scandal" about some left wing councillor out of thin air. Shes tried it many times before. One of those that I remember is ranting on about how Pam McConnell bought a condo in Regent park as if it was some horrible conflict of interest to buy a unit in a project she approved. How dare a Concillor live in their own ward!

Its likely another failed attempt of her "investigative" journalism trying to create a "scandal" about some left wing councillor out of thin air. Shes tried it many times before. One of those that I remember is ranting on about how Pam McConnell bought a condo in Regent park as if it was some horrible conflict of interest to buy a unit in a project she approved. How dare a Concillor live in their own ward!

I can see how that might be viewed as a conflict of interest, but McConnell didn't get any kind of special deal out of it, did she? SAL's point, if any, seems to be 'Fletcher hates cars! Why isn't she against this development?' followed by some cherry-picked figures that she misunderstands/misrepresents, like including service bays inside the dealerships as 'parking spaces'.

No of course not, she just purchased a unit a year or two after approval like any other regular buyer. SALs claim here is "how did fletcher oppose other projects but then support this one! she is obviously in the back pockets of this developer!", while reality is clearly different. This project offers a lot to the neighborhood, rental housing, grocery store, new park, elimination of an ugly dealership right on Queen Street, etc. The dealerships are well integrated towards the rear of the property and are only a part of the uses proposed here. Everything else is well proposed in the development. But because she opposed a car dealership project elsewhere, which was a very poor proposal, no other uses, showroom right on Dundas, horrible site layout, etc., its somehow hypocritical because she apparently now has to oppose every car dealership.

It's more than likely that Sue-Ann Levy wanted Pauls Fletcher to Self Purge, rather than having just quit.

" she was elected leader of the Communist Party of Canada (Manitoba) and served as leader for five years "

That still doesn't mean she has to oppose a car dealership development or even think cars are evil. Large numbers of communists didn't and don't.

Wartburg-353w-10.jpg

What she's objecting to (weakly) is her preconception of Fletcher as an anti-car enviro-crusader not being fulfilled. Therefore she's vicariously objecting to the autoplex because OMG, too much development! Retail space! Housing! Some of it relatively affordable! How can this be allowed to happen!

Not that she's proposing any alternatives whatsoever, as usual.

Attachments

• Wartburg-353w-10.jpg
    Wartburg-353w-10.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,560
"Large numbers of communists didn't and don't."
the lemur.

I knew that you would understand.

J T

Political ideologies aside, at this point people like Levy, and notably also Kelly McParland at the Post, are simply writing clickbait and long ago stopped caring about coherence or consistency.

"Political ideologies aside,"
Skeezix.

Trying to speak out of both sides of your mouth simultaneously?

J T

Trying to speak out of both sides of your mouth simultaneously?

Well, no. I can think of good columnists on the right, centre and left, who whether one agrees with them or not, they offer interesting and thought-provoking analysis. My point is that these other two typically do not, and that has nothing to do with their respective ideologies.

Political ideologies aside, at this point people like Levy, and notably also Kelly McParland at the Post, are simply writing clickbait and long ago stopped caring about coherence or consistency.

I'd argue Rosie diManno, Sue-Ann Levy, Christie Blatchford and Margaret Wente are all similar in that they seem to be hired by the papers to write inflammatory, clickbait articles to drive up page views. I really can't think of any other reason why all four write such god awful pieces sometimes...

Back