Retaliation due to the strike wasn't the reason. I found other interests and things to do over the following summer (strike interrupted by routine) and by the time I went to another game all the players had changed so I lost interest.
That’s fair and understandable. I’ve heard a lot of “greedy players, rabble, rabble” type arguments over the years related to the strike.
Is anyone aware of any top down views of the former and now current seating layout? As a non-avid baseball fan but a big big skydome fan, I want to be able to compare/overlay both to see the difference between the two because it's hard to discern tbh.
Jays website has some comparable views but based on the digital renderings. I’m sure new perspectives will come up once the project is complete.

All things considered, we're lucky to have a name that's non offensive like Rogers Centre. Leaving what you think of Roger's aside, of course.

Some of the names of other sports stadiums are truly abhorrent. Like 'I can't believe this is real' level of bad.
  1. KFC Yum! Arena
  2. University of Phoenix Stadium
  3. Northeast Delta Dental Stadium
  4. Sleep Train Arena
  5. Tony Macaroni Arena
  6. Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre
  7. Smoothie King Center
  8. Minute Maid Park
  9. Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium
  10. Whataburger Field
via https://sharpmagazine.com/2016/08/25/the-10-worst-stadium-names-in-sports/

and a some others I found that I just have to share.
  • Crypto.com Arena
  • Guaranteed Rate Field
  • Rocket Mortgage Field House
  • Taco Bell Arena
  • Little Caesars Arena
  • Jobing.com Arena
  • Talking Stick Resort Arena
  • Papa John's Cardinal Stadium
  • PSINet Stadium
  • Bright House Networks Stadium
  • Mend- A-Hose Jungle
  • Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium
At least with Rogers, it barely sounds like it's a business that has sponsore d the name. Imagine it was called Pizza Pizza Field or CapitalDirect.ca Centre. Even Scotiabank Arena is arguably a worse name than Roger Centre when you think about it.
I had to check Wikipedia for the number of forgettable names that the Oakland Coliseum has had. That makes it difficult for people to remember and deters them from using whatever the current name might be. The 3200-seat theatre formerly known as O'Keefe Centre is I think now on its fourth name?

Is anyone aware of any top down views of the former and now current seating layout? As a non-avid baseball fan but a big big skydome fan, I want to be able to compare/overlay both to see the difference between the two because it's hard to discern tbh.

Scroll down to get the comparison

Edit: sorry Translude15 already replied to this

Last edited:
This may be a bit of a stale argument now but I think calling it the dome or SkyDome is the most succinct description of it, especially for tourists. Any old box of a building can be called a centre. It’s more obvious what you mean when you say the dome next to the CN Tower vs the centre.

I’d petition for Rogers SkyDome. Plenty of sports venues get rebrands, it’s not a huge upheaval.

Reactions: max
I'm well aware of that but several of them were after i had already my initial response. Also the endless posts about saying that people call it Skydome and they should change the name back to it, many people have pointed out that Rogers specifically didn't add the word Skydome to the name because they wanted people to use the new name of it.
Naming rights are temporary. SkyDome is forever!

FYI You can reply to multiple messages in one post. Adding five posts to reply to five people is unnecessary and unwanted.
Yeah, sorry...we're mostly spam adverse'd here. >.<

A photo dump from a BEAUTIFUL day yesterday!

20240313_124837.jpg
20240313_125722.jpg
20240313_125725.jpg
20240313_125743.jpg
20240313_125924.jpg
20240313_131504.jpg
20240313_134341.jpg
20240313_134344.jpg
20240313_134347.jpg
PANO_20240313_134631.jpg
20240313_140516.jpg
20240313_140521.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone please take a zoomed in photo of the backstop and the section behind the backstop so we can see the faux stone wall. I’m so anxious to see an update on that. It will be the most visible change for those of us who watch the Jays on TV. (I’m in New Brunswick so can’t get to Toronto for games too often.)

Last edited:
Someone on reddit said there is a lot of work left to do behind the scenes, at least up until the summer. They didn't specify what, but I'm guessing more work needs to be done on the clubs.

I know it has been talked about to death, but I honestly think it would be a great PR move if Rogers reopened the renovated stadium by announcing a change from Rogers Centre to Rogers Field.

Yes, I'd prefer Rogers SkyDome, but I don't think that is likely as they want one to say "Rogers" in the name.

I know it has been talked about to death, but I honestly think it would be a great PR move if Rogers reopened the renovated stadium by announcing a change from Rogers Centre to Rogers Field.

Yes, I'd prefer Rogers SkyDome, but I don't think that is likely as they want one to say "Rogers" in the name.
Totally agree. Seems like such an obvious move. Maybe the cost to change all signage inside and outside is cost prohibitive? Can’t imagine that would be the case but who knows…

Back