Well in 10 years that roof will cost 1 billion and a new outdoor stadium 2.5 billion. They’re never moving.

If in ten years the topic of a building a new stadium comes up again, five hundred million and being able to stay in the same location might be more palatable to Rogers than a billion dollars.

I definitely see the benefit of maintaining the existing location as opposed to the exponentially higher costs of constructing an entirely new facility elsewhere. A potential next phase should certainly focus on the exterior/outfield areas.

Looks like those behind the plate seats, will have a brick background to the wall. Kind of an interesting twist ( seeing thats what you'll see on tv). It reminds me of The Twins ballpark. Curious to see the final results.

Looks like those behind the plate seats, will have a brick background to the wall. Kind of an interesting twist ( seeing thats what you'll see on tv). It reminds me of The Twins ballpark. Curious to see the final results.

I don't think there's any more to the background than what we're seeing. It's not going to be a brick, it looks more like concrete.

Looks like a nice faux stone wall going in. (As nice as faux stone can be I suppose.) I like it.

Source: TBJ Live on X
IMG_2119.jpeg

MLB 24 Demo Footage featuring rendered images of what the Dome will look like in game action this season.

r/Torontobluejays - 100 level renovation will be in MLB The Show 24 day 1

LF Corner view of Bo Bichette hitting a home run.

General view behind home plate featuring protective netting and foul nets being back in place.

Screenshot 2024-03-09 12.11.00 AM.png

An Alec Bohm foul ball hit to the RF corner.

Screenshot 2024-03-09 12.11.20 AM.png

A preview of what the standard Center Field TV broadcast angle will look like featuring Jose Berrios.

MLB 24 Demo Footage featuring rendered images of what the Dome will look like in game action this season.

LF Corner view of Bo Bichette hitting a home run.

General view behind home plate featuring protective netting and foul nets being back in place.

View attachment 546955

An Alec Bohm foul ball hit to the RF corner.

View attachment 546956

A preview of what the standard Center Field TV broadcast angle will look like featuring Jose Berrios.
I’m not a big fan of sports games re-released every year but it is cool to see them make an effort on updating fine details like this. (EA could never)

Looking at the images towards the outfield corners has me thinking that the left/right fielders have to be on their game when tracking liners down the line. A fair ball turning in foul territory could end up in the corner or bounce just far enough to hit the wall and stay where the ball boy sits. Misread and can cost a few bases.

I think outfielders will be looking up watching balls sail over the walls a lot more with the reduced foul territory.

Can we get a new Petition to rename Rogers Centre back to SkyDome?

Waste of time.
exatly at this point it's been the rogers centre at this p[point it's been called the rogers centre fro longer then it was called the SkyDome. It was Sku dome from 1989 to 2005 (15 or 16 years depending on the date of the name change.) and Roiges Centre from 2005 to the present (19 years as of 2024).

Back