occupancies are supposed to be just starting, after a 6 month delay due to flooding.. but the builders are being despicable in their behaviour... frustrating the occupancy process, trying to get walk aways.... these cretins should never be allowed to interact with proper people
Sorry to hear about the struggle. I feel for the purchasers. I think they might be concerned about the market. If too many people put their units up for sale then that can't be good for anyone. My fear is that there will be aa very very narrow period between occupancy and registration. That will make arranging mortgages harder.

Sorry to hear about the struggle. I feel for the purchasers. I think they might be concerned about the market. If too many people put their units up for sale then that can't be good for anyone. My fear is that there will be aa very very narrow period between occupancy and registration. That will make arranging mortgages harder.
it's not that. they just being a-holes. Purchasers getting screwed... builders deliberately trying to delay occupancy - and of course charge for the vacant days - but of course behaving like decent human beings would be a stretch for these creatures

This is surprising. What do you mean by charging for the vacant days? They can't possibly be charging for occupancy before occupancy can they? Also what was their view on selling after occupancy? If you are a purchaser, do you have a right to assignment /resale on occupancy? There are so many units that no longer have their customization sheets stuck to their windows that there must be a hidden agenda as to why there is a delay.

Screenshot_20230207_115030_Instagram.jpg

11-RUSH.jpg
12-RUSH.jpg
13-RUSH.jpg
14-RUSH.jpg

...I've always liked that rat/dog thingy. I've seen it tagged around in many places over the years.

Some may recall that I chirped about the quality of the planting here awhile back:

Walking by on Nov 5th, 2023, well.....

DSC02807.jpg

DSC02808.jpg

FWIW, planting quality (or lack thereof) is one probable factor here; but I have my doubts on whether that irrigation was turned on this year, there clearly was no follow-up mulching etc.

Even if these fall to the City to maintain, long term, since the contractor will be required to warranty the trees for 2 years, they should actually be contracted to maintain the full planting, properly.

Once the right plants are well established a reduced standards of maintenance may be possible.

Though, in urban conditions, I would always be inclined to do 1-2 weedings per year and 1 mulch. It's quick, it's cheap and does wonders.

Back