There are breakout rooms and offices on some of the floors too, not just open spaces… but yes, remodelling could be done up there fairly easily if need be. Spaces like 'The Beach' though, which are tiered, are pretty much always going to be like they are now I suspect.

Which is probably a very good thing, given the quality of the space we've seen so far. I wouldn't mind upgraded finishing (painted or better yet wood clad columns, drop ceilings) though, and I though a brighter blonde, polished maple would have looked better.

AoD

And come on inside for a tour on the front page! No doubt Jack will have more pics in the thread for you shortly…

Shortly = precisely 1 hour midtown standard time

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1101 copy.jpg
    IMG_1101 copy.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 875
  • IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 893
  • IMG_1133 copy.jpg
    IMG_1133 copy.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 881
  • IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 901
  • IMG_1143_1.jpg
    IMG_1143_1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 900
  • IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 862
  • IMG_1158.jpg
    IMG_1158.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 867
  • IMG_1176.jpg
    IMG_1176.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 910
  • IMG_1179.jpg
    IMG_1179.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 937
  • IMG_1186.jpg
    IMG_1186.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 876
  • IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 884
  • IMG_1231 copy.jpg
    IMG_1231 copy.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_1232 copy.jpg
    IMG_1232 copy.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 850
I look at some of those upper-floor spaces and am filled with excitement. Those exposed slabs and beams are what make the space for me... you can really appreciate the structure of the building. Lots of bright, airy spaces to be enjoyed here.

Too bad there isn't more retail. This location on the busiest street in the city, would have been perfect for restaurant/shopping complex.

I look at some of those upper-floor spaces and am filled with excitement. Those exposed slabs and beams are what make the space for me... you can really appreciate the structure of the building. Lots of bright, airy spaces to be enjoyed here.

I am not looking to directly disagree with you but since I was thinking almost the opposite I thought to quote you. Although I like some of the exposed slabs as well I think there is just a bit too much of it here, looks almost unfinished. All and all though I love this building, very cool indeed.

I think as a student building, it's important to stimulate the mind. Seeing the structure and random creative touches all over the place must be inspiring. It forces them to continually think about what's underneath. The interplay between light and structure and material is constantly changing. And with it, potentially breeding new ideas.

What a great environment to be in.

I think there is just a bit too much of it here, looks almost unfinished.

I think it probably looks "unfinished" to some people simply because it's different than what they are used to seeing. You are used to seeing finished ceilings and by comparison this looks incomplete. It's just a matter of norms. This building just wouldn't be what it is were it more finished. It's all about that underlying structure.

Side note: The slanted columns at varying degrees in The Beach space instantly remind me of the lecture hall area in Koolhaas' Kunsthal in Rotterdam.

Last edited:

Back